Tamper

"I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared of how bad this is going to hurt." I say with a light chuckle.

I had went and tossed my ice cream and cleaned his mess up, not before giving him an earful for throwing it.

Now we both sit close to each other, leaning back on the headboard.

"It's going to hurt a lot, I'm not sure if I'm ready to see it happen to you..."

I glance over at him, biting the inside of my cheek to keep my face in check. It was nice to know someone cared so much for me they would hate to see me in pain, even though we know it was temporary. He was still concerned.

"You don't have to be there to see it." I offer, I could understand where he was coming from and I was not going to be a baby and demand he be there, no matter how bad I really did want him to be there. I did not want to go into this alone.

He turned to look at me, his eyebrows scrunched down. "You really think I'm going to let you go through this alone? Not a chance."

I couldn't hold back the smile that tugged at my lips this time. My heart felt like it had just filled with a sudden warmth. A feeling of belonging settled in as I look at him.

"Thank you." I say as I grab his hand, giving it a little squeeze. "I didn't want to say it, but I would much rather you be there with me."

He gave my hand a squeeze back. "Just tell me when you need me, and I will be there for you. No matter what the situation is, I'm here for you."

I turn away and tug at my shirt, trying to think of what to say back to that. These were words I never would have imagined he would be saying to me.

My hand freezes as pain explodes in my legs.

I grip Yeonjun's hand as I lean my head back into the pillow to keep from screaming.

"What's wrong?" Yeonjun sat up straight trying to see why I was acting so weird.

"My legs." I breathe out through my teeth.

"Your legs? They're hurting again?" As soon as he realized I was in pain I felt the old familiar cool sensation wash over me.

I take a few steady breaths as I gather myself after that out of the blue attack. I had forgotten how much it actually hurt.

"Evelyn?" He reached over with his free hand and brushed my hair away from my face. "Talk to me."

"It was my legs... but, Taehyun just gave me that nasty smoothie. This shouldn't be happening."

~

Yeonjun bit his lip as he recalled the feeling he had when Andromalius gave him the bottle of blood.

"Soren."

Evelyn picked her head up and gave Yeonjun a questioning look. "What does he have to do with this?"

"I think he gave me the wrong blood... I didn't see him put his blood in the bottle, a lesser demon brought the bottle to Andromalius."

Evelyn opened her mouth to speak, only to snap it shut.

She grabbed at her pants leg with her free hand.

"It itches so bad." She complained as she scratched at the black skin of her legs.

Yeonjun watched as her hand kept getting higher and higher until it was right below where her heart was.

"How high has it gotten? I thought it was still only your legs that were black?" He was sure just a few days ago it was nowhere close to where her hand is now.

"It was." She replied before pulling her shirt up, a gasp leaving her lips as she takes in how black her lower body was.

"I can see it moving..." Yeonjun felt panic spike as he could actually see the black crawling up her torso. "Taehyun!" He yells out. His heart was racing as he caught Evelyn's eyes, the fear that rested in her eyes tugged at his heart, he didn't want to see her look at him like that. He felt useless as he had no idea what to do.

"Taehyun!" He yelled again, every second his friend didn't show up made him panic more.

There was finally a knock on the door making Yeonjun yell out for him to get his ass in here.

"What's- Holy shit." Taehyun cut himself off as he saw Evelyn's stomach. "How? You just drank the potion, this should not be happening!" It was easy to pick up the panic in Taehyun's voice as he rushed over and took a closer look at Evelyn.

Taehyun's hands came to life with a purple light as he started to chant under his breath.

Everyone held their breath as they waited to see if he could find something wrong. After what felt like an hour, he backed off and shook his head.

"I can't find what's wrong."

"I think Soren gave me someone else's blood." Yeonjun admitted to Taehyun. That was the only thing he could think of.

"It would mess the spell up and make it obsolete, but to speed the process up. There has to be more to it than just the wrong blood."

"Someone had to have messed with the blood then..." Yeonjun said as his eyes shifted down to Evelyn's stomach again.

"I'm going to get the bottle, there should be enough blood left in it to see if someone tampered with it." Teahyun cast one more glance at Evelyn before he took off out of the room.

"See. I have the worst of luck." Evelyn said as she pulled her shirt back down. "I can't help but feel like this is the world telling me to just let go. Every time I try and fight, someth-"

"Shut up. This is not the world, this is a demon trying to get payback for what I did. This is my fault." Yeonjun shook his head as he thinks over how he should have called Andromalius out. If their boss was in on this, what would be the reason? So far he has seemed all for Evelyn taking his deal, was this just Andromlius' way of making the switch come sooner? Or was this all just his son being a pitiful demon? There is a chance Andromlius has no idea, but Yeonjun doubted that. Andromalius knew everything that went on in his domain.

Those demon's were planning something, but what could it be?

~~

Sorry for any mistakes, I hardly proofread this part lol.