New

I rub at my face as I try and get my shit together. I didn't like this feeling, and it seemed the longer I was around Yeonjun, the worse it got.

If I was being honest, I think I preferred it when Rerek was messing with my mind and holding the effects of this stupid bond back. I reach around in my mind, trying to find a trace of him like I was able to do before.

I could feel his powers there, but I couldn't pull him forward, I even tried calling out to him... nothing but his powers floating around.

What did that demon do to me?

I stand up and start to pace my room as I think over what I could do to muffle the effects of the bond. I was going to ask one of the others if they knew of a way to do it. There had to be something to make it calm down, even a little.

I pause as I hear a knock on my door, for some reason I knew already that it Yeonjun.

"Go away!" I yell from behind the door, I grip the knob to make sure he couldn't turn it and come in.

I feel the knob shake a little as I fight to keep it from turning. "Evelyn, open the door."

"No." I snap back, why couldn't he just leave me alone? Before, this was never an issue. He used to actively avoid me.

"Fine, I tried to come through the door like you asked me to." He paused and then he was right behind me. "But, you want to act childish as always."

"Just leave me alone, please." I actually didn't care that I was all but pleading for him to leave me alone. Now that I was looking at him and in the same room as him, the feeling grew worse.

"I wanted to talk to you about how you're feeling.." He trailed off as he took a step closer.

"Don't come near me! I feel like shit, my whole body is aching. And there's this stupid pull in my gut." I don't add the fact that my mind was screaming at me to get closer to him.

"I can help ease the pain up." He offered as he ignored me and kept getting closer.

"How? By getting close to me? By touching me? I don't want that. I want to be alone."

"I just want to help." He held a hand up, trying to reach out for mine.

I snatch it back as I sidestep away from him. "Stop trying to help me, you have done nothing but make my situation worse."

"Evelyn, if you would calm down and let me help, it would be better."

"Yeonjun, you're not listening to me." Now I was backed into a corner. My eyes dart around for a way out, but there was no way for me to slip past him.

I stumble as I end up on the other side of my room. I look from my feet to where Yeonjun was.

"See, Andromalius has helped you have better control over Rerek's powers. He helped you." He said with a small smile.

I take a moment and think of a way to use this to get away from him.

In the next moment, I ended up in Taehyun's room.

"Evelyn!" He yelled as my eyes widened.

He was in nothing but a towel. "Holy shit, I'm so sorry!" I scream as I slap my hands over my eyes and turn around, almost losing my balance.

"Don't turn around." He says in a high-pitched tone.

"Got it." I reply as embarrassment sets in. I had just seen him almost naked, oh my gosh.

"Okay, I'm decent now." He said after a few moments of the sound of stuff ruffling around.

I turn around and peek through my fingers, just to make sure. Once I saw that he was fully clothed I let my hands fall.

"You okay?" He asked as I suck in a sharp breath.

I shake my head and rub my hands together. "I hate this feeling and Yeonjun keeps pushing it. I want time to adjust to all of this, but I can't when he won't listen to me and leave me alone."

"Come here." Taehyun said as he held his arms open for a hug. "Yeonjun does need to give you space, he may think he is helping you, when he isn't... but he is just as hard headed as you, actually. He is definitely more hard headed than you." He said with a light laugh.

"I don't know what to do. My body hurts, and my brain is telling me the only way to stop it is by being near him.. I don't want this to influence my decision on taking Andromalius' deal."

"I don't think it will... even if you have a pull to stay with him, you are very set in what you want. In the end, you'll make the choice you want, and I don't think even this will help sway you."

"I hope so." I let out a sigh as I feel myself calm down. "Is there anything you can do to help muffle this thing?"

He shakes his head as he pulls back and pushes me towards his bed. "No, there is no magic I could do to change the bond. Only a very strong angel or demon could do anything, even then. They may not be able to do much."

"Great." I settle down on one side of his bed as he does the other. "What am I going to do? Avoid Yeonjun like he has cooties or something?"

Taehyun laughed as he leaned back on his pillows. "You could, I guess. Though, the pull you're feeling, it'll only get worse as time goes on. The longer you two fight it, the harder it's going to tug at your soul."

"This is just perfect." I slump back onto the pillows and glare up at the ceiling. "Why does the world hate me so much?"

"I don't think it hates you, the world will throw what you can handle. I know you can handle this."

I close my eyes as he rested a hand on top of my head. I could feel my body relax as he uses a bit of magic to help calm me down.

"Thank you." I mumble as I pull his blanket up to my chin.

"Try and get some rest, I think it'll help. I'll make sure Yeonjun leaves you alone while you sleep."