Ice cream

Taehyun and Soobin were the ones that were showering first, seeing as they got here before we did. 

I leaned on the wall, picking at my nails as I waited for someone to come out so I could get cleaned up. 

The sound of the door opening made me stand up quickly, Soobin stood there a little stunned I had popped up in front of him. 

"Sorry if I took too long." He said as he stepped out of the way, still rubbing at his hair with a towel. 

"Oh no, you're good." I shot him a smile before heading into the bathroom. I was a little shocked when a hand stopped the door. Opening it back up, I figured Soobin had forgotten something. I was wrong. "Can I help you?" 

Yeonjun stood there, a towel tossed over his shoulder. "I was going to shower." He said with a raised brow. 

"I was in here first." 

"You were asleep when we got here." 

"I'm clearly up now...?" I was wondering why he was being so pushy, I was the one covered in blood. 

"Yeonjun, leave her alone. She needs to shower more than you." 

"You're right, she's stinking the whole house up." He sent me a smirk as I huffed. 

I pull the door shut roughly after he moved his hand, a part of me hoped I'd catch a finger or two. 

~~

I shuffled out the bathroom a little while later, doing the same as Soobin, drying my hair as I left. I didn't want to hog it up too long just in case someone else was waiting. 

"About time." 

Maybe I should have taken longer. I roll my eyes as I head for my room, placing my dirty clothes by the door for a moment. I head into the kitchen to grab a bag, a smile warming my face when I saw Huening Kai at the table eating. 

"Feeling okay?" I asked him as I grabbed a bag from under the sink. 

He hummed in response, busy with the food in his mouth. I let out a laugh as I walked back out, glad he was really okay. 

I bag my clothes up, leaving them by the door for now. My stomach growled as I returned to the kitchen. 

"Hungry?" Taehyun asked as he passed me a styrofoam plate. "We ordered take out."

"Starving actually." Before I dig in though, I needed something to drink. "Anyone need another glass while I'm up?" I ask the other two. 

"Me!" Huening Kai raised his hand. 

I nod and get two, filling them both with water. 

"Your foot does look bad." Taehyun commented, his eyes on my bare foot. 

My eyes went down as well, it did look bad. The black had now come past my toenails. "It was only on the tip of my toes yesterday." 

The room was quiet as we waited on the others to join. Once everyone was there and had eaten half of their plate, Soobin cleared his throat to grab our attention. 

"What happened today, was not what we had planned for." 

"You think." Yeonjun of course was the one to shoot that at the poor man. 

Soobin shot him a hard look, making the fallen angel shrug. "Either way, at least we caught more than one... even though we lost a human." He looked over to me, making me look around the table. Was I in trouble? "You handled the situation well."

My cheeks felt hot, I had not handled it well. 

"No she didn't." Yeonjun said out loud for me. 

Soobin seemed a little fed up with him. He slapped his hand down on the table, making a few plates bounce a little. "Yeonjun, stop. She did well for someone who has never been in a situation like that." 

"It's okay, I know I could have done better." I waved my hand, I didn't want to be praised. Huening Kai got hurt. 

The leader sighed in defeat. "I just want to say, thank you. You may have saved Huening Kai today." 

Yeah, my cheeks felt a little too hot. I didn't know what to say so, I bowed my head, finding my empty plate very interesting. 

A pat on my shoulder made me bring my head back up. "Thanks for being brave enough to try." Huening Kai said with a smile. 

I was confused, I did nothing impressive here. He still had his throat torn open by a demon girl. I open my mouth, then shut it. I didn't know what to say, I felt like I failed, they acted as if I did something great today. 

"I still need to train harder." I say after a moment. I stand and clean my mess up, I was worn out, and ready for some real sleep. I bid them all a good night before I head out of the room. 

I did not get any rest that night. I kept waking up from that girl coming at me in my dreams. Huening Kai kept not making it out alive. My head was a mess from the nightmares. 

I kick my sheets off, needing some water after waking up for the unknown time. 

I almost scream as I see someone already in the kitchen. I dropped the hand that was over my heart when I realized it was Yeonjun digging in the fridge. 

I say nothing as I head for the cups. Once it was filled up, I down it quickly. Cleaning it once more before putting it on the rack to dry. My eyes meet Yeonjun's as he stood there with a watermelon ice cream in his hands. He raised a brow. 

"Want one?" He said as he pointed his ice cream at me. 

I shrug, might as well. I pass him and open the freezer, looking over what we had. I decide on the ice cream sandwich. Once I had my late night snack, I take a seat at the table. I watched Yeonjun as he took a seat across from me. 

"Nightmares again?" He asked his eyes on his phone. 

"Yeah." I reply simply, no reason to go into detail, not that he would care. 

Nothing was said after that as we ate our ice creams in what felt like thick silence.