eleven

———————

Scarlett's POV

Y/N is currently sitting across from me in my room. My mind blanked the minute I asked her to talk. I just don't want it to be awkward while Rose and I stay here.

"Listen. I just want to make sure we are okay."

"I mean it was months ago. There's nothing to really discuss. What you did was shitty and I got over it."

I scoff and cross my arms while leaning back into my chair.

"Well that was blunt."

"And so were you after you kissed me and acted like I was a virus for weeks. Then you tell Rose we aren't friends. Like really you bring a three year old into your problems with me?"

"I was scared; and why would we be friends after everything that happened? I didn't know how to break it to her that we aren't close. She adores you."

"But you don't adore me."

Y/N huffs out and starts to get up.

"Listen, you don't have to like me, but—"

I cut her off, "I do like you."

She snaps her head in confusion and sits back down.

"Then why do you act like you hate me all the time?"

"At first it was anger because of stress and then seeing you, a stranger at the time, with Rose. Then I just became a bully. It was cute to see you get worked up. You get this crease in between your eyebrows and your bottom lip pokes out. I was wrong to treat you the way I did and I'm sorry. But, we can only move forward from here. Hell, we are living together for a month. Let's try to make the best of it."

Y/N nods and smiles at my response.

"You're on Johansson."

I give her a high five and our hands stay together a little longer than they should've. She clears her throat and stands up.

"Well I should head off to bed. We have a long first day tomorrow."

"Right. I'll see you in the morning."

She closes the door and I wait to hear her door close before I scream into a pillow. Why are feelings so damn hard! Tomorrow we start table reads and I'm just praying that I will be next to Evans and Downey as a distraction from my unending attraction towards Y/N.

————

Y/N's POV

I got up super early so that I could work out before the table read. Just as I was finishing my last set on the treadmill, Kevin came into the gym.

"Hey Kevin," I greet out of breath.

"Good Morning Y/N. I just came to tell you that the table read is getting pushed back a few days."

I give him a look of confusion and sit down on one of the benches.

"We realized we don't want everyone to know the whole script. We want people to be surprised and to have a minimal risk for spoilers this just works better," He explains.

I nod in agreement with his statement.

"That honestly sounds like a good idea. Between Ruffalo and Holland, they could spoil the whole movie," I joke.

He laughs and walks with me out of the gym.

"I think Downey is having a dinner tonight so I'll see you later Y/N!"

I wave and get into my truck, and begin to head back home. It only took about two minutes to get back, I hop out of the truck and open the door to Rose running around screaming while Scarlett is in the kitchen trying to do the dishes.