twenty-one

———————

Lizzie's POV

Y/N hasn't been on set in three days. I've tried multiple times to go over and check on her but the house is on complete lockdown. I know she's in there...wasting away drinking and smoking. She won't even let Robert in. It's almost Thanksgiving and I know her parents are coming. They cannot see her like this, it'll be terrible for both her and Scarlett.

"Lizzie what the hell are you thinking about? It looks like you're about to pop a vein." Chris whispers to me. We're going on Kimmel tonight to update people on Infinity War and show the trailer for the first time.

"I just...I'm worried about Y/N. Scarlett has broken her. We need to do something."

Chris shakes his head and grabs my hand. "Lizzie, I know you probably mean well...but interfering will piss Y/N off and piss Scarlett off even more."

I nod knowing that he is right...but I feel that there has to be a way to do this without them knowing I'm scheming. What if...oh this is so wrong but I could use Rose. Before I can finish my plan there's a knock at the door for us to come get ready to walk out. I guess I'll hold off until after this interview.

————

Scarlett's POV

Lizzie and Aubrey have taken Rose for the night. They figured I could use a break to be able to process my emotions. I've been laying around drinking wine for hours, I jump when the doorbell rings and drag my feet to greet whoever is interrupting my wine time. I hope it's not Lizzie back with Rose, I don't want her to see me like this. Slowly, I open the door and see that it's Robert. Fuck.

"Hm so it's not just her drowning emotions in liquor and dr-..Scarlett what are you doing?"

"Coping."

"Drowning your sorrows in cheap wine from target is not 'coping'."

I shrug my shoulders and plop back on the couch to pour myself another glass.

"Scarlett. Why did you do this to Y/N?"

"She interfered in business that was no concern of hers. It was too much, I don't want her getting in between Romain and I's co-parent dynamic. That's exactly what she's done now and he's trying to take my Rose away back to France."

"Rose hates France. That won't be good." Robert snaps his fingers and shakes his head. He stands over me, grabbing the wine bottle and the glass. Then he walks to the sink and pours everything out. I go to protest but he beats me to it, "I'll buy you ten more later, sit down."

"Do you know how much that girl loves you?"

I look down and shake my head, not wanting to hear this again. Lizzie already gave me this talk.

"I don't know where you guys are at in your relationship but she loves you. I see it every single day. She loves Rose as if that was her own child. Scarlett, I know you've been dealt a good hand of difficult and failing relationships but you can't let this one fail just because Y/N cares a bit too much."

"Look. I don't need this talk again. If she wants to talk then she would talk to me. You all don't need to speak for her just because she's too afraid to come to me. Maybe I did overreact but that doesn't excuse her fighting in front of Rose. Fighting her own dad at that! How about you tell her that."

Robert gives a simple nod and pats my shoulder. I hear the door open and close signaling that he's left. Not a second later, I break down. With no wine to pacify my emotions, the tears run faster and faster down my strawberry red cheeks.

————

A few hours later

Who in their right mind is banging on my door at 4 in the morning? I must've fallen asleep crying, my face noticeably drained of color as I pass by a mirror in the hall. There's flashing lights outside and two police officers at my door. What the hell. I open the door and greet them.

"Hello officers, how can I help you this morning?"

"Hello...uh...Ms. Johansson. Do you know a Ms. Y/LN?"

I nod in confusion.

"Well, Ms. Y/LN has you listed as an emergency contact and unfortunately tonight she was involved in a single car accident. She ran into the side of a bridge. She was unconscious when emergency services arrived and was immediately taken to the hospital. She is conscious now and waiting to be seen, but because of her state, someone needs to be there."

"Her state?" I question, already in shock from the other information just received.

"Yes, um well Ms. Y/LN asked us to not speak on it but she should tell you once you arrive. We can take you now if that's okay."

I tell them to wait while I grab a bag with some clothes and a blanket for me. My mind is moving faster than I can process right now and it's not helping that I'm hungover. Fuck me. I jog out to the police car and hop in the backseat. The ride to the hospital was fairly quick since it's so early the traffic wasn't bad. I thank the officers and run inside to find what room Y/N is in.

"Hi I'm wondering what room Y/N Y/LN is in, I'm her emergency contact."

"I just need to see some ID and then I can let you go see her." The nurse tells me. I hand him my ID, and he verifies it, then gives it back along with a visitors lanyard.

"She's in room 1078. That is on the seventh floor." I nod and thank him, and make my way to the elevator. I get in alone and try to calm my mind and prepare to see her.

Why me? Why not Robert, or Chris, hell even Cobie. Is this her way of trying to see me? Did she do this on purpose? Did I do this to her?

Before I can come up with anything else, the elevator doors open. I exit and walk down the hall until I'm met with her door. I take a deep breath and push down on the handle to unlock it.