twelve

-------

Lizzie's POV

"I think I'm in love with her," Scarlett says above a whisper.

I smile and pull her hands down so she can see me.

"Took you long enough," I joke, hoping to make her smile.

She looks up at me with puffy cheeks and tears streaming down her face. I wipe her tears and hold one of her hands.

"Scarlett. It is time to woman up and tell her how you feel. The jealousy is driving you crazy and you thought it wouldn't. Now that you can see what is wrong, it's time to do something about it." I can't tell if my "pep talk" is encouraging or not. Before I could continue, Robert calls everyone to the dining table for dinner. Scarlett and I are the last two inside and I see her face drop as we take in the seating arrangements.

Scarlett is on Y/N's left, but Cobie is on Y/N's right. I think Robert is aware of what he is doing so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show.

----

Scarlett's POV

Dinner has started and everyone is focused on their mini conversations...including Y/N and Cobie. I'm sick of holding my feelings in. I start rubbing my foot up and down Y/N's leg while talking to Sebastian about LA. Y/N clears her throat but, I act clueless and continue to move my foot. She starts to get more anxious and rubs her hands on her thighs. I hear Cobie ask if Y/N is okay, Y/N nods her head and sighs. Their conversation dies down and Y/N takes the chance to turn to me.

"What are you doing," she asks through gritted teeth.

"What am I doing," I say cluelessly.

Y/N groans and turns in the opposite direction to talk with Anthony and Aubrey. We continue on through dinner like normal. After about two more glasses of wine, we all end up outside around the firepit. Lizzie and Aubrey look like they're going to rip each other's clothes off in a second. Mackie goes over to them and grabs Lizzie with the help of Sebastian, and throws her into the pool. We all laugh as an upset Lizzie emerges from the surface. I get up and head inside to go to the bathroom. As I'm in the bathroom, I hear voices outside the door.

"Y/N it's time. You should just tell her. We can't keep doing this, she'll kill us. More importantly me!"

It's Cobie and Y/N. I lean to the door to hear a bit better.

"I know. I know. I'll tell Scarlett tonight on the way home. We both should sober up before we talk. I want her to remember."

What the hell are they talking about. I'm so pissed off right now. I want to leave now. I wipe the tears from my face and head outside to get Y/N to take me home. There is screaming and laughing, I'm met with Y/N in her boxers and bra jumping into the pool with Hemsworth. I sigh in frustration and sit with Lizzie.

"I...I think Y/N and Cobie have something going on," I whisper and Lizzie snaps her head to me.

"Scar...No. You're just getting in your head," she reassures.

I explain to Lizzie that I heard them talking, but still she is convinced that I'm just in my head. Everyone starts to get out of the pool and head back to their homes. Y/N gets out, sits next to me, then hugs me, getting me all wet.

"Y/N! Are you serious," I yell.

"You just looked so sad. I wanted to make you feel better," she explains.

"I'm ready to go."

She nods her head and gets up, putting all her clothes back on. Y/N grabs the keys and says bye to the remaining guests, meeting me at the front door.

-----

Y/N and Scarlett get into the truck and their phones go off at the same time.

DO IT!- From Cobie to Y/N

Do it!- From Lizzie to Scarlett

----

Y/N's POV

I look over at Scarlett who is looking at me, waiting for me to drive.

"Sorry. It was the babysitter; Rose is asleep."

She nods and I start the drive but we are taking a detour. Scarlett is too busy on her phone to even notice that we've left the studio and neighborhood property. I finally park in front of a lake and she looks up to get out of the truck but stops once she realizes we aren't home.

"Y/N. I'm tired, this is not the time to play games. Take us home."

"Scar...Can you just-"

"I want to go home! Take me home now Y/N. You ignore me all night and now you want to take me to a fucking lake," she yells.

I put my hand on her thigh to calm her down and wait for her to be quiet. Once she got all her anger out, I start rubbing her thigh to keep her calm. We both stay quiet, listening to the radio play in the background.

"Y/N."

I turn my head to look at her. Her cheeks are red and there are tears swelling in her eyes.

"Fuck let me just get it out. I like you Y/N."

Internally, my jaw dropped, but in reality, I grow a faint smile. I turn the radio off and let her continue on.

"Not like how I like chicken wings. I like you how teenagers like Harry Styles, how Ron likes Hermione, like...like..."

Before she could continue rambling, I grab her chin, pull her to me, and kiss her. This time feels completely different. There are sparks, I feel warm and tingly inside. Scarlett deepens the kiss before placing her hand on my chest and pulling away.

"I like you too Scarlett. I never stopped."

The biggest smile I've ever seen, appears on her face and she wraps her arms tightly around my neck. I lift her up and move her into my lap, just holding her.

"I was just scared, and I fucked up the first time. I'm sorry. I was afraid of my feelings and what everyone else would think. I should've listened to my feelings."

"Well you are now, and that's all that matters. We can take this slow. This is all new okay. I think we might even have to hide it from Rose for a while."

Scarlett nods her head in agreement.

"I think it's best, one, because she can't keep a secret, and two, I want us to connect deeper before I introduce you as my significant other. I don't want it to be like Colin. I hope you understand."

"Of course I do. The last thing I want is to disappoint Rose."

There is a comfortable silence after that. Our breathing is synced as I rub my hand across her back. Her blue-green eyes shine with the moonlight and the freckles sprinkled on her face like the stars. I'm in heaven right now.

"Will you go on a date with me," she says while shifting back to her seat.

I pretend to think which earns me a slap on the arm.

"Ouch! Of course I'll go on a date with you dummy."

"Good. I almost thought you were gonna say no."

I gasp dramatically, "Say no, to THE SCARLETT JOHANSSON? I think not."

She laughs as I back away from the lake and start the drive back to the house. I move my hand to the gear, but she picks it up and intertwines hers and mine. I could get used to this.

-------

Finally!!! Remember to vote and comment suggestions and ideas for what should happen with Y/N and Scarlett next. Also for future reference...do you want smut?

Let me know! Stay safe and have a good day :)