eighteen

-------

Scarlett's POV

I wake up to Rose and Y/N not in bed anymore. My ears perk up when I hear music coming from downstairs. I get up and stretch and walk across to my room to freshen up. Once finished, I make my way downstairs and the view melts my heart. Y/N is holding Rose and feeding her pancakes while trying to get our coffees ready.

"Momma!"

I smile, "Good morning my girl."

"I wondered where my two favorite girls went when I woke up." I lean in and kiss Rose's cheek and then Y/N's. A light blush appears on her cheeks and she smiles.

"Oh, we've just been making breakfast and dancing while waiting for you to wake up."

We all settle at the table and begin to dig into our breakfast. I remember today is Y/N's first day back on set and I decide to ask her how she was feeling.

"Ready to start filming again love?"

She nods as she chews her food. "I think I've been ready. I miss it a lot and this time I'll be with a lot more people."

I'm happy that she's excited to come back. I hoped that she wasn't anxious or anything. "What're you most excited about?"

Her eyebrows furrow together in thought, "Hmm...probably my scenes with Lizzie." A mischievous smirk appears on her face but I kick her under the table and she winces in pain.

"I mean...my scenes with you."

Rose begins to laugh extremely hard at what just happened.

-------

After finishing breakfast and cleaning up, I get Rose ready for the day. She wanted to dress like me so I let her have one of my baseball caps and she put on her Spider-Man sunglasses. "Looks like we're all in baseball caps and sunglasses."

I turn around to Y/N leaning against the doorway with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. God, she looks fantastic, even when trying to hide from the paparazzi. I stand up and walk over to Y/N, giving her a quick kiss on the lips. "Ready to go," she mumbles against my neck. I nod and shove my hands into my back pockets. I look back at Rose who is playing with Lilo as if she's in her own little world.

"Rose, love, it's time to go. Grab your backpack." She nods her head and grabs her backpack. Rose runs over to Y/N who puts Lilo in the backpack and picks Rose up. I set the alarm and lock the door. Another long day of filming ahead of us.

-------

Y/N's POV

Filming is going slower than usual today because of the weather. It's also hard because Rose insists that Scarlett or I check on her every hour at the on-set daycare. Right now I'm filming with Mackie, Evans, and Stan so that means we're goofing off more than usual. Joe warns us that we have to finish these scenes by 3 so we need to straighten up. After a diligent few more hours of filming, we finally finish for the day. Scarlett went home earlier because some of her shooting days got pushed back so Robert is giving me a ride back home.

"Hey kid, that was some good work you did today," he greets me as I hop into his SUV. I nod my head in thanks and he begins driving.

"So how are you and Scarlett?"

I knew it was coming. He can't just not be nosy. But, he is my uncle so I guess I can divulge. "We're doing great. Rose has been informed of our blossoming lo-relationship and it's just great." Robert chuckles at my response and nods his head in understanding. "Have you told her about Amelia yet?"

My face goes pale at the sound of that name and my body freezes up. I haven't thought about her in a long time. I shake away my anger and anxiety to get back to the conversation. "No. I haven't. I don't know how to tell my girlfriend that I used to be engaged to a psycho."

Robert huffs out as he pulls into my driveway and parks the car. "Penny for your thoughts Y/N." I face him while playing with my fingers nervously. "For the safety of not only her but Rose AND you...you've got to let her know what happened. Nothing can keep that girl away forever."

"I agree with you completely but I just don't know if I can bring myself to tell her just yet." He grabs my hand and squeezes it lovingly. I know he understands my inner turmoil because he was there through all the nights of panic attacks and crying. "Promise me you'll tell her before your parents come for the holidays," Robert pleads...something he rarely does.

I rub my temples trying to find some peace of mind in the storm brewing. A few minutes pass of complete silence before I come to a conclusion, "Okay. I promise. Just let me tell her. It's nobody else's job."

Our conversation ends and I bid him a goodbye before heading inside. The sight I'm met with when I come into the living room takes away all my worries. Rose and Scarlett laying on the floor under a pillow fort watching Moana. Quickly, I snap a photo before I make my presence known. "How are my two favorite girls?"

Rose jumps up from Scarlett's arms and bolts into my legs almost knocking me over. "Y/N I missed you!"

I laugh at her reaction and look over to Scarlett who is wearing a fake smile. I raise an eyebrow at her and she nods to the kitchen. "Hold on sunshine, your momma and I need to talk."

Rose nods and I make my way over to the kitchen setting down my stuff. "What's wrong love?"

"Rose's dad knows about us." I nod still a bit confused about what the actual issue is.

"And...what's the problem with that? I thought we wanted him to be aware." She sighs placing her hands on her temples.

"He wants her to stay with him in France. Apparently, his family and him find it uncomfortable to have Rose around someone so 'new'."

"What? No. He can't do that can he?" My voice raises in anger but Scarlett grabs my hand to calm me down. Remembering that Rose is only a few feet away, I lower my temper.

"Right now he can't do anything, but he's planning on coming back to the States by the end of the month. He said he won't leave without Rose."

"But when can she come back?"

"Romain said that once our relationship is public and established, Rose is more than welcome to come back. He just doesn't feel comfortable with her living with a woman he doesn't know."

I sigh in defeat. There must be another way. My mind is racing with ideas to keep Rose here. I love the kid too much to let her go. "You tell him she's not going anywhere. If he is uncomfortable then he needs to bring his ass here on the next flight to Atlanta and meet me. He can't just take her away during your time because he feels uncomfortable with who you decide to date. It wasn't a big deal when it was a man. He's not taking away our girl."

Scarlett looks at me too stunned to speak but nods her head. I go upstairs to cool off leaving her and Rose downstairs. Between Romain and Amelia I don't know what to do.