fourteen

-------

Scarlett's POV

I make my way back over to our table with the ice cream. Y/N and Rose are no longer speaking and Y/N looks like she just saw a ghost.

"What's wrong you two? Miss me?"

Y/N clears her throat. "No uh Rose and I were just playing the silent game."

I raise my eyebrow and look over at Rose who nods her head in agreement. With that, I shrug and sit down, handing them both their ice creams. Rose immediately starts shoveling her ice cream in her mouth like it's her last meal.

"Rose slow down before you get a brain freeze babe."

"Yea Rose the ice cream isn't going to run away from you." Y/N and I laugh at her joke and keep eating.

"Momma! I have a question."

"What is it Rose?"

"Can we go swim?"

Y/N stops eating and looks up at me, wiggling her eyebrows. I nod my head at Rose.

"Yea let's finish our ice cream and then we can go sneak to Uncle Robert's house and swim!"

She smiles and claps with glee. Her smile never fails to brighten my life. Life couldn't be better with her and Y/N by my side right now.

-------

Rose and I just finished getting our swimsuits on and floaties together. Rose is in a ruffled swimsuit with butterflies covering it, while I'm in a purple two piece with a black robe tied loosely around me. I sit and play legos with Rose as we wait for Y/N.

"Ok who's ready to break into a house- Whoa."

Y/N slowly makes her way down the last few flights of stairs, staring at me like she was going to pounce at any second.

"Eyes up here hotshot," I whisper in her ear.

"Let's go before he gets home."

We lock up and walk on down the street to Robert's, swinging Rose up and down as we go. Her laughs echo through the quiet street, making Y/N and me smile. After a few more minutes we make it to Robert's house. All of his cars are gone and the house is dark which means...he's gone.

"Ok, I know he keeps his patio door unlocked. I'll just jump the fence and go through the house and unlock the front door for you two."

I shake my head, "Absolutely not. That's too dangerous."

"I've got it. Watch and learn."

-------

Y/N's POV

This is where being cocky gets you...jumping over a fence for the woman you like and her daughter. I back up to get a running start towards the fence. I run and lift myself up on the fence but flip over onto my back.

"Shit!"

I hear quick footsteps from the other side and guess that it's Scarlett coming to see if I'm okay.

"This is why you don't do stuff like this idiot."

"Yeah, yeah."

I get up and run around the back to the patio. As I suspected, the door is unlocked. I get inside and to the front door and unlock it. I open the door to a very unamused Scarlett and a jumpy Rose.

"Come on, smile at me Scar," I say while poking her stomach.

She rolls her eyes and looks away from me. We stand in silence until I get an idea. I pick her up over my shoulders and hand her bag to Rose who follows close behind us.