nineteen

-------

Y/N's POV

For the last week or so, Scarlett has been very dismissive with me. After our little talk about Romain she called him and he was on the next flight out to Atlanta. Of course he was upset and so was I so when he arrived at our front door jet lagged and pissed off, I knew the conversation wouldn't end well.

Flashback to a week ago...

"Romain, this is Y/N, my girlfriend. Y/N, this is Romain, Rose's father." Scarlett introduces us while holding Rose in her arms.

I raise my hand to shake his but he ignores it. I huff out and roll my eyes. This guy is a piece of work. "So Romain what bring you here so urgently?"

"I want Rose to come back to France with me." He turns to Rose and addresses her, "Would you like that my love?"

"Papa, I would miss the holidays with momma though and I like playing with Y/N everyday after school." I smile at Rose and Scarlett.

"See she enjoys being here Romain there's no reason to take her away." I say.

"You're not part of this family this doesn't concern you." He says raising his voice a bit.

Scarlett sends Rose off to her room and shuts the door. She doesn't want Rose to hear this.

"Romain, Y/N cares for Rose just as much as I do. She's treated our daughter with nothing but love. Stop treating her like she's not important to your daughter."

"I don't want her near my daughter anymore. What if you two don't work out? You'll just be another person of the many that Scarlett likes to rotate in and out of Rose's life," he states with a smirk.

"Haven't you noticed Scarlett can't keep someone for very long? What makes you different from Colin? Or Ryan? Or even me?"

I look over and Scarlett has tears streaming down her face. This just builds my anger up even more. "Well for one...I don't have a dick and two I'm not a dick so...looks like I'm 2-0 for what makes me different."

"Don't call me a dick, you bitch." Romain gets up stepping towards me on the couch. I stand up to meet him and stare him down.

Scarlett steps between us before anything else happens, "Woah! Romain, stop this now. How about we end the conversation for tonight and start fresh tomorrow?"

That's when it all went to shit. Romain pushed Scarlett out of the way and she fell and hit her head on the edge of a chair. Next thing I know, I have Romain on the ground in a chokehold. He ended up punching me a few times and gave me some pretty nasty bruises on my face. Worst of all, Rose runs out of her room and starts screaming when she sees what's happening. I get up and punch Romain square in the face. "Get out now! Get up and leave!"

He scrambled to his feet and ran out of the house. I turn and run to Scarlett. I pick her up and set her on the couch. "He's gone now. Are you okay?"

"Why would you do that Y/N," she yells, wincing when she remembers her head injury.

"I was just trying to help. He put his hands on you." She shakes her head and laughs.

"Rose is not your kid. Romain is right, you don't get to have a say in what happens with her! It wasn't your place to intervene and it wasn't your place to defend me. I don't need a security detail." Scarlett says frustrated. She stands up and pulls Rose to her in an attempt to calm her down.

I pick up one of Rose's stuffed animals and try to hand it to her but Scarlett snatched it away, "Don't touch her. Just leave us alone for right now Y/N."

I huff out in frustration and stomp upstairs, locking myself in my room.

-------

And here we are a week later. Romain left after that altercation and sent Scarlett and I a lengthy email about how Rose is allowed to stay until the beginning of the year when it's his time and then he will begin fighting to keep her in France.

Of course during a time when Scarlett won't even eat dinner with me, we have to film together. "Ok Scarlett, Y/N, Cobie! Let's get to work."

Cobie hops on my back and I walk over to our markers. In between takes we would goof off and talk about anything. We've been working since nine am and it's now almost one am. Cobie and I are in my trailer talking while I pack my backpack up.

"So how's the love life treating ya?" I laugh at Cobie's question.

"Not sure if I can even call it love. She seems to hate me right now." Cobie frowns at me response and places a hand on my shoulder.
"What's going on?"

I explain what happened last week and how Scarlett has been very distant ever since. Cobie is in complete shock by the end of it all.

"You fought Romain," she shrieks. I nod my head and sigh, "And Rose saw it." I add. Cobie thumps me on the head and I yelp.

"What was that for?" I rub the spot on my head and groan.

"You fought your girlfriend's ex husband in front of her daughter! No wonder she's mad at you. You need to fix this!"

I nod in understanding, "I know. It's just kind of hard when you live with someone and they're absolutely repulsed by you. She won't even sit in the same room as me, like she hates me." I begin to tear up and Cobie engulfs me in a hug. A few seconds later she tenses up and clears her throat. I turn around and face a pissed off Scarlett in the doorway. Great.

----

Scarlett's POV

I've been waiting almost half an hour for Y/N to come get me from my trailer so we can go home. This is ridiculous, I'm going to find her. I pick up my backpack and head to her trailer. Immediately, I open the door and my blood is boiling.

"What the hell is going on," I ask bitterly.

Y/N walks up to me attempting to diffuse the situation but I don't want to hear it.

"Cobie was just giving me some advice and I needed a hug. I've had a tough day." Y/N grabs her backpack and stands by the door.

"I've been waiting for you to come get me. Let's go I'm tired," I demand. I roll my eyes and brush past Y/N out of the door. Cobie walks out after me and waves bye to the both of us as we walk silently to the truck.

"Look. Nothing happened, Cobie is one of my closest friends and while I would talk to me girlfriend about stuff like this, she's currently ignoring me like an asshole."

"I'm not ignoring you. I'm upset with you and I'm trying to process."

"Upset about what Scar? About me defending you and your daughter? Upset that I care so much about Rose? Upset that I love you!" Y/N covers her mouth in shock and slows down.

Did she just say she loves me? I turn my head towards her and watch as she grips the steering wheel trying to hold back tears. "What did you just say?"

"Forget it Scarlett. I won't interfere anymore. I apologize for hurting Romain. I apologize for scaring Rose. Most of all, I apologize for hurting you," Y/N pulls into the driveway as she finishes her apology. She grabs her bag and heads for the door. Before she opens the door I grab her wrist.

"Y/N. Rose and I are going to move out. Tomorrow."

-------