thirteen

-------

Y/N's POV

Today, I've woken up in a better mood than ever. Scarlett finally admitted her feelings for me last night and it has be on cloud 9. We've asked the babysitter to come back tonight since Scarlett and I will be going on our date. She won't tell me where she's taking me, but I know it'll be nice.

I get up, do my morning stretches, and get ready for the day. I'm half way through washing my hair when I hear shuffling in my room.

"Is someone there," I call out.

No response.

I shrug it off and rinse the conditioner out of my hair. Then I get out of the shower, brush my teeth, and finish getting ready.

"Hey Siri, shuffle music."

Perfecto by Mac Miller starts to play on my homepod and I begin to sing along while getting dressed. I turn to my bed to grab my phone and am met with big blue eyes. I scream and pause my music.

"Rose! What're you doing in here?"

"I saw your butt," she screams and laughs.

I smile at her and shake my head.

"Why are you in here Rose? And up so early?"

"Momma still sleep. I not tired no more so I come find you."

I nod my head, "Okay, you can stay here. Let me finish getting ready and we can have breakfast."

She nods and I head to the bathroom to finish getting dressed. This child has no boundaries at all, but what would you expect from a three year old. I spray some cologne on, put my hair in a messy bun, and walk out of the bathroom to Rose on my phone texting someone. How the hell does she know how to text?

"Rose. Who are you texting?"

"Aunt Lizzie."

I pick her up and she hands me the phone. We begin our walk downstairs to the kitchen.

"Y/N. Why is hair fluffy?"

I laugh and set her down at the island so I can start making breakfast.

"It's curly, sunshine. I have curly hair because my momma and papa have curly hair, so do my brothers."

"Why my hair not curly?"

"Well Rose, your momma and papa both have straight hair. Where my family is from, everyone has really really curly hair."

I look up at her and she has a thinking face on so I let her be for a minute. I begin to make the pancakes and eggs, while also getting Scarlett's coffee ready. I heard footsteps upstairs so I know she should be coming down any minute.

"What about you and momma?"

I freeze for a moment and then continue with breakfast, "What about us Rose?"

"If you and momma have baby. Will its hair be curly or straight?"

My eyes go wide and I turn around and see Scarlett behind Rose with her eyes twice as big. Fuck.

"Um. You know. I think that's a good question but you're not in high school yet so biology is far off."

I turn back to the pancakes so that they don't burn and hope that Scarlett takes over.

"Rose, what's going on in that head of yours today? It's only eight in the morning."

"She's just a bit curious. It's okay."

I turn, giving Scarlett a wink before plating the food.

-------

After breakfast, Serena came back to watch Rose for the day. Scarlett still won't tell me where we are going but it's nice to be the passenger today.