Carol Smith x Male Reader

Year:2000,location:Bellwood

A 10 year old girl of blonde hair was smiling in the back seat of the car,kicking her legs playfully as she looked out the window.

D/N:Here we are sweety.Our new home,Bellwood.

M/N:While we sort out some things in our new house,you go and find some kids to play with.But not too far.

Carol:Yes mommy.

Once the Smiths parked their car in front of their new house,young Carol took a stroll through the neighboorhood in hopes of finding a new friend.Eventually she spoted a H/C haired boy playing badmintom by himself.Continuesly hiting the ball in the air,not letting it drop.She made his was to him with a smile.

Carol:Hi there.Im Carol,Im new here.

Boy:Hi,Im Y/N

He briefly lowered his gaze before returning his concetration back to the ball.

Carol:How come youre plaing alone?
Y/N:Other kids dont like badmintom.This way I at least get some practice in.Once I just played and played withouth dropping it and I didnt even know how long I played.Longest twenty minutes I went without looking at the time.

Carol:Can I play?
Y/N:Sure.Theres a racket by this tree.

Carol:Thanks.I usually play tennis but those two sports are similar enough right?

Y/N:I think so.Heads up!

As Y/N and Carol played they begin to really get into badmington.As they played they rapidly aged,their clothes changed,Carols hair grew longer and badmington rackets were echanged for tennis ones.They were playing tennis on a empty tennis court,now teenagers of 15 in a year 2005.Carol wearily hit the upcoming tennis ball which didnt reach very far in Y/Ns territory so he cough it in his hand.

Y/N:I think thats enough for today.

Carol:You think?I needed a break at leeast fifteen minutes ago.

Y/N:Thats why Im your coach and you my coachee.Or if it sounds better to you,a trainee.

Carol:I know,I know.You told me that a year ago.Whod a guess we would meet again in highschool?

Y/N:Universe does tend to work in cruel and funny ways.Good thing we got the latter end of that deal.

Carol:No kidding.I really missed you.

Y/N:Yeah,me too.No one swings a racket like you.I have no one to challange me.

Carol:Is that all?Nothing about your best friend?

Y/N:That too.

Carol:Oh you.

She gave him playfull punch to the shoulder as they both shared a laugh.They packed up their things and went their seperate ways to their homes.

Timeskip Carol's P.O.V.&home

Once I got back to my house I went to the kitchen and passed by my mom on the to the fridge.

M/N:Hi honey.How was practice today?

Carol:Exhausting but fun.

I opened the fridge and took out a protein shake since I was too tired for dinner.

M/N:That L/N boy takes real good care of you.

Carol:Yeah,just wish there were more breaks.Well,see you tomorrow.

M/N:Before you go remember to shower before going to bed.

Carol:I will,just let me relax for a bit.

I retired my to my bedroom and dropped down on my bed,casually drinking my shake.I pulled out my phone and took a good look at my phone's screen saver.It was taken a couple of months ago and it showed me and Y/N posing in a sidehug.