Chapter 2

After work, Xu Qin went to the outpatient department of the burn surgery on the ninth floor to look for Professor Xu Ken. Last night during the surgery, she had some doubts, hence she wanted to consult the professor.

At 8:00 am, Xu Ken wasn't at the hospital.

Xu Qin asked the nurse and realized that she remembered the wrong date. Professor Xu Ken is always off on Saturday. She thought today was Friday — recently she has been so exhausted. Xu Qin aggressively rubbed her nose with force, then went to the elevator. When she passed the washroom, she unexpectedly heard her own name.

"I heard when Xu Qin returns from the emergency department, she will be promoted to attending physician." That's Yang Sijia's voice. She and Xu Qin entered the hospital at the same time. They were interns together and were promoted to resident physicians together.

"What?! Attending physician?" Zhu Xian is their senior, she clearly sounded unhappy: "Based on what? Just because she studied abroad in the US? She's just here for a few years, does she have enough experience?"

"So she was sent to the emergency department, I guess it was done to fool people. Indeed— By the time she's done, she would be the attending physician. It's not proper, but no one would find fault with it, it only becomes an exception." Yang Sijia washed her hands and looked at Zhu Xian with eyes full of pity. "I feel that it should be your turn. You are older than her, you have more experience than her. But what can you do, she has connections."

Zhu Xian snorted and said: "Everyone can find a connection, depending on who you find. There are a few who came to Third Military Hospital without any connections."

Yang Sijia shook her head: "Oh, but her family background is not ordinary. I heard her family name is Meng, but because she doesn't want to make it public, she changed her family name."

"MENG?'" Zhu Xian hesitated for a while: "The chief of staff's.... daughter?"

Yang Sijia shrugged her shoulders.

Zhu Xian said nothing and just vented her dissatisfaction by washing her hands with exerted force. She then took the tissue to wipe her hands. After some time, she just threw the tissue into the trash can. "She doesn't want to make it public? It's too hilarious. If she doesn't want to do it then she shouldn't have gone through the 'back door'. I have enough of her, yet I will still be working at the same place as her, I......."

Zhu Xian choked, Xu Qin watched her from the slightly open door. Xu Qin was so calm and cold.

Xu Qin asked indifferently: "You don't want to work with me, should I help you to talk to the head of department?" Because she was so tired, her voice was hoarse.

Zhu Xian looked at her with trembling lips, begging for mercy in shame.

Xu Qin exerted a little force on her elbows, pushed herself to stand up straight from the wall, raised her chin, glanced at her, then turned and walked away.

.......

When leaving the hospital parking lot, the security guard friendly greeted her: "Doctor Xu, getting off work?"

Xu Qin smiled and nodded. She drove her car quickly out of the parking area.

The early morning sun was shining so splendidly, it was so bright that Xu Qin felt it was hard to open her eyes.

The Meng family's courtyard was located in the west of the city, it was quite far away from the hospital. Her father felt distressed to see her working so hard so he bought her an apartment at Zong Lu Gardens area, a block next to the hospital. It was a 10-minutes drive to make it easier for her to commute to and from work.