Chapter 20

On the 2nd day of November, the weather is so fine. The sun is shinning brightly, the sky is blue. It looks so fine yet the temperature is a bit low.

Xu Qin is wearing a scarf today, she walks toward the Wu Fang street. She looks around.

The stores aren't opened at this moment, the wooden doors are closed. There are only restaurants that serve breakfast open. Another day has started.

Xu Qin never observes anyone. But today she seriously observes each of people.

A couple is buying two portions of porridge, they kiss each other.

"See you at night."

"Work well."

"I know."

They both just separate and go to different direction. The woman is running toward Xu Qin's direction. Her smile is so bright. The man walks few steps and then looks back at the woman and smiles. He then continues to walk away

Another woman is queueing for breakfast while she calls the driver.

Inside the store, there's also a man playing with the tablet while eating his noodle. He is devouring it ravenously. It isn't clear whether it's because the noodle is too tasty or because he has no time to eat relaxedly.

There's also a person who is holding a briefcase, while hums a son. That man is chewing the youtiao (deep-fried breadstick). He is walking while eating.

The world is marvelously diversed.

Xu Qin keeps on walking till she arrives Di family house. The front door is opened.

Di Jiu Jiu (Uncle Di) is someone that loves to wake up early. She doesn't know whether she would meet him or not.

Xu Qin is careful when passing the front door. The courtyard is silent.

The birdcages on the tree are gone, supposedly Jiu Jiu is out and playing with his birds.

The door of the west room is left unlocked, it means that person inside it should be awake.

Xu Qin walks over and tries to take a look from the crack of the door, she could see a glimpse of what is inside. She sees the wardrobe. The wardrobe door is opened and shows several men's sweaters and trousers.

She knocks on the door lightly. "Boom". But no one is responding; she uses her fingers to push it open.

She looks around the room, it's so clean.

The floor is made from wood, it's clean without any dust. The bed sheet is in blue, there's no even slight wrinkle on the bed. The blanket is folded neatly. Everything is in order and in place.

Xu Qin stands there for awhile, she remembers that this room is different from Song Yan's previous bedroom. He used to have a lot of manga books, dirty clothes everywhere.........

The time she is thinking, someone opens the door. Song Yan is standing behind her. "You come again?"

Xu QIn looks at him. She takes steps back quickly.

Song Yan's hair is wet, he has a towel wrapped on his waist. He just had his shower. He frowns and says: "Move away."

Xu Qin comes out of the bedroom and Song Yan gets into it. He closes the door and let Xu QIn stays outside.

Xu Qin looks around the courtyard. She tries to figure out his hostile attitude. He is different from yesterday.

If her eyes show a bit of remorse or love, he would be soft; but if her eyes show any hesitance or doubt, he would be very cold and harsh.