Chapter 64

The weather is fine today, the sky is blue.

Song Yan enters the building and he could find the Qi Ju office. In front of the office, it's written "Zhong Guo An Gong Xiao Fang" (China Public Safety Firefighting).

The corridor is lighted well.

Song Yan follows the direction and finds the office room of Section Chief Chen. The time he is about to knock on the door. He notices from the small window that they are having a meeting inside. So he just waits for in front of the door for a while.

After a while, the people inside the room comes out.

Song Yan knocks at the door. Section Chief Chen lifts up his head and recognizes Song Yan. He smiles and says: "Come in come in."

The office room is decorated in green color. There is a painting hanging on the wall.

Song Yan takes a seat on the sofa and takes the tea, which Section Chief Chen passes to him. He is calm.

Section Chief Chen looks at him and shows his admiration toward him. He sits down too and says: "How is it, what do you think of my proposal? If you haven't think it through, it's okay no need to rush it. Today we could talk, we could chat about your first impression first."

Song Yan puts down the cup of tea and says: "Today I come over because I think it's better for us to talk directly. But first let me thank you first, Section Chief Chen."

He is sincere and direct.

Song Yan says: "Being able to transfer and work to Qi Ju, indeed it's a good chance. Honestly my plan is to be able to work here."

Section Chief Chen waits patiently for Song Yan's words.

"But compare to do investigation or administration, I prefer to do early stage of prevention and precautious firefighting program." Song Yan expresses his though seriously. I, as a firefighter, my interest and expert is in technology standard. No matter it's about architecture technology standard or firefighters' daily training or rescuing procedures. I am an expert at all of these. I want to work in that department."

He explains himself clearly. His goal is direct.

Section Chief Chen is sincerely convinced by him, he smiles: "So it turns out you don't want to work under my leadership. But if you are willing, I could talk to my colleagues to find you a suitable position."

Song Yan smiles and says: "Thank you Section Chief Chen. But I think it's better for me to gain experience for few more years at lower level. I've been a firefighter for so many years, I have a lot of experiences with it. But for experience in large body of the firefighters, I still need to gain experience. I want to go up slowly. I want to be stable."

Section Chief Chen doesn't persuade him anymore, he just feels more admiration toward this young man. He asks: "I heard from your leader that you would be promoted to be inside the larger group."

"Right."

"Great. You would gain more experiences there." Section Chief nods. "Then I'll wait for two to three years for you to come to Qi Ju then."

Song Yan smiles: "Okay."

Song Yan says goodbye then leaves. The time he enters the elevator and the elevator door is about to close. Someone yells: "Wait!"

He presses the open button.

"Thank you."

Jiang Yu runs inside the elevator.

They both look at each other, yet theysay nothing to each other.

Till they arrive downstair, they don't say anything to each other.