Chapter 66

As Spring Festival was getting closer, Xu Qin was busy commuting as usual. At first, she didn't feel much about the New Year, thinking that the appeal of the New Year was getting weaker, but she didn't expect that the festive atmosphere on Wu Fang Street would be so strong.

When commuting through the streets and alleys, every family was happy.

Uncle was busy clearing all kinds of final payments, and Aunt also began to buy New Year goods and started cutting window decorations.

Zhai Miao followed and tried a few cuts, she was able to cut the duck into a goose.

As for Xu Qin, she played quietly for a while and made a beautiful butterfly on a peony. She had always been good at handicrafts since she was a child, and she could make three-dimensional sculptures, not to mention two-dimensional paintings.

Zhai Miao could only sigh: "I can't compare to you with a scalpel. I'd better boil the glue paste."

Aunt pulled Xu Qin aside and gave her a card.

Xu Qin wondered: "What is this?"

"Yan Yan's father had a house, after he moved in with us, the house was rented out. The rent is all in the card, this money, was touched once when Yan Yan was twenty years old. After eight years, the card was given to me, he said it was to show filial respect to us. Uncle and I didn't want any money from him, so we saved it. You young couple have plenty of places to spend money, take it."

Xu Qin shook her head: "I don't want it."

Aunt frowned: "Why don't you want it? This money was kept by his uncle and I for his future wife."

Xu Qin still shook her head: "Song Yan said that it was for you, then it is for you. I don't want it."

"This child, how can you be as stubborn as him? Even if you don't need the money now, take it first." She said and shoved it into her hand.

Xu Qin dodged, got up and ran: "I'm going to work."

"Hey—"

Her figure flashed out of the house.

On the way to work, Xu Qin looked out through the taxi window.

At the beginning of February, the coldest season in Di City had passed. In another month, spring would bloom.

On the way, she received a call from Meng Huaijin, asking if she would go home on Chinese New Year's Eve. There was an elder, grandfather, in the Meng family, and the whole family gathered together during Chinese New Year.

Xu Qin said that she couldn't go back, she had to be on duty that day.

Meng Huaijin sighed and told her to remember to take time to pay New Year's greetings to her grandfather.

Putting down the phone, Xu Qin was also speechless for a long time, glad that she was on duty for Chinese New Year's Eve and did not have to make a choice. Because if she were to live joyously and harmoniously with uncle's family at this moment, it would also be a little awkward.

The hospital was the calmest place to go.

Song Yan couldn't be home that day.

Chinese New Year's Eve had the custom of setting off fireworks, which was when firefighting tasks were the heaviest.

Song Yan's transfer order had come down, and after the festival, he would report to the Nan Cheng District Fire Detachment. Before the holiday, he had to guard his last shift in the squadron.