Chapter 42

When it's time to get off work, Xu Qin finally takes out her phone again. There's no notification on her phone.

For this whole day, Song Yan doesn't give her any call or even sends her a message.

She frowns lightly and she doesn't show her feeling on her face. She just changes her clothes and goes home.

On the way back, she suddenly thinks whether Song Yan would have dinner with Li Meng.

She wouldn't be unhappy for that, as they are colleagues too. But—— the time she looks at her phone—— how could he not send her any message.

Xu Qin usually has no recreational activities. The time she arrives home, she only turns on her TV or reads a book a while with disinterest feeling. But she keeps on glancing at her phone.

The phone keeps on being silent.

Till at night 09:00 p.m, Song Yan acts like he is not her boyfriend, he seems to be disappeared.

What is he doing, why doesn't he contact her?

She thinks about it and takes her phone to see his Moments.

He is like her, he has no content on his Moments. There're only few forwarded firefighters' propaganda.

There's nothing attractive.

She opens up the comments of the only photo he posted about the fire safety information.

Xu Qin feels strange.

She browses around and notices Zhan Xiao Rao's comment.

"You should be very exhausted ~"

Xu Qin: "........"

The comment was made a month ago, Song Yan didn't reply to it.

She almost forgets that she was the one that told Zhan Xiao Rao about Song Yan's phone number. Zhan Xiao Rao should try hard to communicate with him.

She opens up Zhan Xiao Rao's Moments, there're photos from last month and recently. She frequently shares her life. This month, her post is full of selfies.

Xu Qin couldn't help but to admit that she indeed is an especially cute and energetic young woman.

Xu Qin is surprised to find that she posted Song Yan's photo. It was taken at Si Xi Di's SOHO plaza. Song Yan was bending his waist to roll up the water pipe.

It's a day Song Yan helped her.

There are two photos of Song Yan. He looks so handsome and cold.

Zhan Xiao Rao wrote: My! SAVIOR! ahhhh!!!'

Then there's a comment by her: "He is too manly!!! I want to sleep with him! I want to!"

Xu Qin pursues her lips and throws her phone away to the sofa. She stands up and goes to the kitchen counter. She pours out a glass of hot water from the kettle. The time she just drinks it, she realizes that the water is cold. It's not yet boiled. She goes to throw it up, but she suddenly realizes that the it's a mineral water, she could drink it directly.

"......"

She holds the glass and feels speechless. She takes tissue to wipe her mouth.

She returns to the living room and picks up the book again to read it. At last she also takes her phone and retrieve Song Yan's contact number.

She has countless question, she wants to ask. She has countless words that she wants to express. At last she just types:

"What are you doing?"