Chapter 18

The next day, Xu Qin sleeps again for the whole morning. She is getting ready t return to Zong Lu Hua Yuan after the lunch. Unexpectedly there's a guest for the lunch, Jiang Yu. He said that he comes to find Meng Yan Chen, then he goes out with Xiao Yi Xiao.

Fu Wen Ying calls Xu Qin to go downstair and greets the guest.

Jiang Yu examines Xu Qin and notices that she is skinnier, he asks: "Are you feeling better?"

Xu Qin says: "I'm okay, thank you for your flowers."

Jiang Yu laughs: "You are acting this modest to everyone?"

Xu Qin says: "It's good thing to be polite."

Jiang Yu declines to comment, he asks again: "What did you do before you go downstair?"

Xu Qin says: "I carved a small thing."

"You also could carve?" Jiang Yi finds this is to be strange: "What are you carving? stone or ——?

"Wood." Xu Qin says.

"Could I take a look at your pieces?"

"Let's go."

Xu Qin's bedroom s very big, it's also has its own living room inside the bedroom.

She arranges all of her wood carving on the desk, there are little animals, flowers and something else. They are all looking realistic.

Jiang Yu is so excited in looking at it. Xu Qin sits down and takes the unfinished carving and knife. She said: "I wouldn't entertain you anymore."

Jiang Yu: "Okay, I'll do as I please."

On the way, Xu Qin suddenly asks: "Do you like me?" She says without lifting her head up.

Jiang Yu is surprised by this, he is startled for a while, he considers and says: "I just have a favorable impression toward you but I couldn't say that I like you."

Xu Qin lifts her eyes and asks: "Could you accept the fact of marrying me?"

Jiang Yu scratches his head, yet he doesn't feel awkward: "Honestly, I just need to find someone who is an appropriate match, then I would marry. I don't care for who is she."

"I'm jealous of you—— I couldn't do it." Xu Qin smiles and starts to carve again: "I have someone that I like."

Jiang Yu leans on the chair and picks up a wooden cat. He asks: "Your Pa Ma are opposing you?"

"Em."

"Then what would you do?" Jiang Yu is curious. He seems to forget that they are partners in a blind date.

She stops.

Last night at this bedroom, Xiao Yi Xiao listened to her words till she was done. He looked at the ceiling of the bedroom and at last, he sighed: "Then just try it."

"If you don't try, you would be unwilling to resign yourself. If you have tried it, though you might be hurt. The time you come back and follow your Ma's arrangement, that time you'll be more accepting. Right?"

How could it be as easy as he said, Song Yan is unwilling.

At this room too, few years ago at that Saturday, Meng Yan Chen was so angry and blocked her at her bedroom. He didn't allow her to find Song yan.

She didn't be noisy or make fuss, she didn't argue. She just repeated: "I want to go and find Song Yan to play. I promise Song Yan today I'll come to him."

She knew that Song Yan is so angry, he was so furious. But if she looked for him, he would forgive her. But if she didn't, there would be trouble.

Meng Yan Chen stopped her and just locked her inside the room. She opened her window and climbed from the tree from the second floor.