Chapter 23

Xu Qin drives her car back to Meng family house, Meng Yan Chen's car stops in front of the entrance.

Xu Qin gets inside the house and notices that the atmosphere in the house is different. Meng Yan Chen is sitting down in the dining room and eating his noodle. Fu Wen Ying is sitting dow beside him. She is looking at him with a loving gaze.

Hearing the sound of the door, Meng Yan Chen glances over. His gaze stops at Xu Qin for a second and then he turns away.

Fu Wen Ying seems to be in a great mood, she smiles: "Qin Qin, you are home?"

Xu Qin greets her.

Fu Wen Ying: "You still haven't eaten your breakfast right? Come over and eat noodle with your Ge. I just told him that I'm afraid that you would forget. I just asked him to call you. Yan Chen said that I don't need to do it. It seems that I'm too worried."

Xu Qin takes off her shoes and suddenly remembers that today is Meng Yan Chen's birthday.

She forgets about it.

She stands up and could feel that Meng Yan Chen is still looking at her.

Being together for so many years as siblings, she knows his temper very well. He has the same temper as her. Though he is constrained to certain extend yet he wouldn't show it out.

Xu Qin changes into her slippers and sits down on the opposite of Meng Yan Chen.

Fu Wen Ying asks: "Have you eaten?"

At first Xu Qin wanted to lie, but she couldn't eat anymore, she says: "I have eaten, I'll just drink soup."

Fu Wen Ying asks the Jia Yi (Auntie Jia) to serve her a bowl of soup.

Fu Wen Ying smiles at Xu Qin and then looks at Meng Yan Chen. She says: "In a flash, you guys are growing a lot."

Xu Qin takes a bowl of soup from Jia Yi.

Fu Wen Ying: "When I gave birth to Meng Yan Chen, I was so tossed from side to side. I laid on the hospital bed for whole seven hours and you still didn't want to go out. Your Pa said that this kid would be so troublesome. He asked me to be grieved."

Xu Qin and Meng Yan Chen drink their soup.

"At last it's all nonsense. In this world, there's no trouble free child as Yan Chen. He never breaks Mama's heart. I remember when he was little ——"

Fu Wen Ying seems to have a lot of words to talk today, she talks about Meng Yan Chen's birth process. She always talks about that for every Meng Yan Chen's birthday but none of the kids are cutting her off.

Meng Yan Chen needs to go to work so after eating his noddle, he goes upstair to get ready.

Xu Qin returns to her bedroom and takes a wood sculpture of little Meng Yan Chen, then she goes to his bedroom. She knocks on the door.

"Get in."

Xu Qin gets inside. Meng Yan Chen is tidying up his clothes. He has changed his clothes into black shirt and black trousers. He looks very tall and cold.

Xu Qin passes the wood carving to him.

Meng Yan Chen takes it and glances at her. Then he turns his body and walks to his drawer. He opens it up and throws it inside. Inside the drawers there are big and small of Meng Yan Chen.

He closes it.

He doesn't look at her and just wears his thin sweater.

Xu Qin stands there for a few seconds and speaks up: "Happy birthday, all wishes come true."