Chapter 59

Meng family residence.

Meng Yan Chen is standing there and watching Xu Qin leave. His expression is cold.

Fu Wen Ying's body trembles, she tries to remain calm. "Yan Chen, when are you back?"

Meng Huai Jin also turns his head to look over.

Meng Yan Chen just looks at his parents and says nothing. His stillness make his parents panic.

Fu Wen Ying walks toward him: "Yan Chen, hear Mama out——"

"Hypocrite." Meng Yan Chen says.

Fu Wen Ying's expression changes, then in a next second, she regains herself. "What did you say to your parents? Where's your manner?!"

She thinks Meng Yan Chen would refute, or get angry.

But he does nothing.

The living room is quiet.

Meng Yan Chen says nothing and just looks at her silently. He acts like his whole world or his belief is crumbling.

Manner?

They educated him a lot with it, how to be an upright gentleman. He thought they are upright people too.

Manner?

His manner makes him always be respectful toward them, he always be filial toward them.

Because of his manner, he never acts recklessly, he restrains himself to get close to the woman, who he thought they regard as their own daughter. He prefers to live in suffering rather than hurt them or makes them losing face.

These years it's been hard for him, but now everything seem to be a joke.

He never vents his anger. He never does anything as he wishes. Now he even loses the woman he loves.

This time he is standing here at his house.

He looks at them and laughs lightly. His laughter is terrifying.

He walks toward the door.

Fu Wen Ying is panic, she has a bad premonition. "Stop!" She takes a deep breath: "Mama is talking to you!"

"I'll go out for a while." Meng Yan Chen says calmly.

"Today you are not allowed to go out. Meng Yan Chen, you——"

"Mama." He looks at her. "Look at me."

He walks toward her: "Mama, look at my face. This is your son. These years he lives a life that he feels it's better to die than to be alive. Couldn't you see it?"

Fu Wen YIng looks at him, her tears start to trickle down.

"You couldn't see it." Meng Yan Chen says, he walks out.

Fu Wen Ying wants to chase after him. "Yan Chen—-"

"Okay, stop!" Meng Huai Jin stands up: "Don't force him again! Do you really need to force him till he becomes crazy then you'll stop?!"

Fu Wen Ying takes several deep breaths and then she turns her body. She has regained herself. She shows her perfect demeanor again: "Rule is rule. Indeed I was wrong for doing that matter. But Meng Huai Jin, for whom did I do all of these? I did all of these for you. For Meng family. You have your prestige, but for the dirty things I am the one that does it. You have no right to teach me!"

Meng Huai Jin: "For Qin Qin's matter, I opposed it because they had broken up. Why should you do that thing to that kid?"

"Because Meng family shouldn't permit any person that wants to climb to "its branches". That year his Ma also approached you to be a rich woman. You was so enchanted by her that you almost abandoned everything to be with her. Now it's her son's turn to do it!"