Chapter 33

Xu Qin turns out to be able to keep the young man's arm. He doesn't need to be amputated. If the aftermath rehabilitation is successful and could go smooth, he could recover his ability to grip, but for holding scalpel, it's impossible.

The young man is sent out of the sickroom, Xu Qin and the nurses are coming out and there's a new patient and other doctor and medical staffs coming in.

After Xu Qin finishes her surgery, she tidies up the operation tools and medicines. She notices a serious lack. The time she gets ready to report to liaison department. A group of solider carries a big box inside the emergency center department. It's the medicines.

The leader of military officers says that the medicine would come again soon as some of it are still on the road. They would be sent in tomorrow morning.

The logistic department members are checking the medicines and thanking them.

Xu Qin comes over and looks around whether there're tools for surgery, but she notices that one of the officer is looking at her. He seems to judge something.

Xu Qin looks at him curiously and the officer smiles and says: "Had I never meet you anywhere?"

In this condition, it seems the act of striking up a conversation is hard.

Xu Qin: "I have no impression."

She has a desire to turn around, yet the officer says: "It's very common if you have no impression. It should happen years ago."

Xu Qin looks at the stars on his shoulder, and looks at him. Her gaze is not friendly.

The military officer explains: "I am XX armored army group third level, I am Lu Jie, I'm not a bad person."

Xu Qin is quiet. This time there's a new seriously injured patient sent over. She immediately stands up and takes them. She just leaves him coldly.

A rank-and-file soldier comes over and asks: "Battalion commander, what are you doing? This is a bit inappropriate."

Lu Jie slaps the rank-and-file soldier's back of head: "Am I that kind of person? —— You boss is originated from a scout, I would not remember wrongly.... This young woman looks really familiar.

It's clear that he has a deep impression of her, but that moment she couldn't remember.

Lu Jie tries to think, he looks back at Xu Qin. She has disappeared.

But very quickly Lu Jie goes away to deal with an emergency.

The first night after the earthquake, Wang Xiang villagers and the rescuers are having no sleep.

Everywhere there're yells for help. Everywhere there're people need for help. Medical staffs, soldiers, firefighters are trying hard to help them professionally.

Xu Qin just finishes her third surgery. It's already 02:00 a.m., she has no time to rest as the new patient has arrived. He breaks his leg and bleeding.

Xu Qin follows the stretcher and helps to press the bleeding injury. The time she passes, she notices Song Yan passing by her.

That time Song Yan just took the injured patient to the emergency center, he doesn't even care about his own wound and just leaves.

Everyone around the emergency center walks so fast, they are all in hurry. Both Xu Qin and Song Yan don't look back.

...........

In the early morning 04:30 a.m., the degree of difficulty in rescue increases. The speed of rescuing decreases. There're only few people sent to the emergency center.