Chapter 50

Jiu Ma also says "Yes, his work is too dangerous."

Yet Jiu Jiu notices something wrong in her face. He asks: "What happened today?"

"I saw Song Yan. There're people who wanting to jump. He came to rescue them. He almost fell down from 21st floor." Xu Qin says.

Jiu JIu and Jiu Ma are surprised: "Then?"

"He's okay."

"What about the others?"

"Everyone is okay."

"Then it's great." Both of them sigh.

"That time I felt so afraid." Xu Qin closes her eyes and stirs up the soup. "If he fell down....."

There's a silence.

"Don't be afraid ah." Jiu Ma strokes her hand: "He is full of a sense of propriety. He would protect himself and his group members. Actually I and your Jiu Jiu also talked to him about it, but he couldn't let go his group members. His group is the most discipline one, there's no one ever die in his group. They are trained by him.

The words seem to not comfort her, but she says nothing. She stays silent for a while and then asks: "Why did he choose this profession?"

Jiu Jiu and Jiu Ma look at each other for a while. Then Jiu Jiu says: "You should know that guy doesn't like to study, he refused to accept to be supervised and controlled. So we just sent her to be solider. But..... we have no way, so he just be firefighter."

Xu Qin lowers her head and plays with her spoon: "Em."

Looking at this, Jiu Ma couldn't sit still any longer. Her lips move, she looks at his husband; Jiu Jiu glares at her.

Jiu Ma just calms down and speaks up: "Qin Qin ah, I know my nephew somehow looks coarse, but he is careful and caring. Everyone might enjoy their youth. But he, he was abandoned when he was young. He was alone. He wants to have a family, he always pampers his family members. He is that kind of man. Jiu Ma doesn't say this because my love toward him, understand?

Xu Qin: "Em."

She says nothing else.

Jiu Ma wants to say something else. Jiu Jiu says: "Qin Qin is tired right? After eating this, just rest up early."

Xu Qin returns to her bedroom.

Jiu Ma tidies up the bowls and spoons. She sighs: "This child has something weighing on her mind?"

"They should solve their own matters. Don't worry."

"How could I not worry. He wouldn't be like is Mama right?"

"You are getting out of line. Okay, let's sleep early."

.......

In the dark.

That night, there's no moonlight. The room is so dark.

Xu Qin lays down on the bed, she looks at her phone. There's a missed call, four messages. Those are from Song Yan.

The missed calls were made this afternoon at 04:40 p.m., after the rescue of those who threatened to jump off the building.

The first and second messages were sent close to each other:

"Where are you?"

"You start working?"

The next message is at a distance of five minutes:

"I'm leaving. Don't worry about me. Take care and be safe."

The next message is at night around 11:00 p.m.: