Chapter 51

The night turns dark.

Xu Qin stands on the hospital's balcony and she has a light cigarette on her hand.

Song Yan is gone.

After getting treatment, he should go back to the camp to change his clothes and does the conclusion for his work.

Xu Qin stands there and feels the cold wind. She looks at her arm, which she used to hold his head, rub his hair.

She knows how tired he should be, she also feels tired.

When he was about to leave, he didn't say nothing much. He just told her to work well and to have a talk later on.

But she feels that her mind is in a mess, she couldn't calm herself down.

She really wishes that today she doesn't need to get off work.

The time she is daydreaming, she hears a sound of ambulance.

She takes a long breath and throws away her cigarette. She returns back inside and goes to wash her hand cleanly.

This time, she washes it four times.

...........

The time Song Yan returns back home, Xu Qin doesn't come back home yet. He notices his bedroom is still dark.

Jiu Ma knows that today he would be back so she prepares a lot of dishes for him.

Song Yan has no good rest these days. Today he was so busy for the whole day, he just ate two steamed bun. He feels tired and hungry. He sits down and eats. He even forgets to greet Jiu Ma and Jiu Jiu.

Jiu Ma sees that she is silent, she knows that something is wrong as he never acts like this though he is in difficult situation.

She takes some food for him and asks: "Today.... you met Qin Qin?"

Song Yan continues to eat. "Em."

Jiu Ma looks at him. "Are you injured? Where is it?" She examines him.

Song Yan frowns lightly: "Minor injury."

Jiu Ma looks at his expression and knows that he is sad. She asks: "Qin Qin is sad?"

Song Yan says nothing.

His silence makes Jiu Ma feels worried. She tries to probe him: "You guys don't break up right?"

Song Yan is startled and shakes his head.

Jiu Ma is relieved and blames herself to be so indiscreet. If they break up, he wouldn't sit still like this."

"It's good that all of you are okay." Jiu Ma says: "Why do you look like you have something on your heart? Talk with me and your Jiu Jiu. Maybe we could help you."

Song Yan turns silent for a second then he shakes his head. He says: "I feel that I'm useless."

He feels that he even couldn't make her be relieved.

She is someone who loves to think around of things. She also uses to be so sealed. She is panicky.

These days he wasn't around, he doesn't know how she spends her days.

That night she had a dream and called him, she sounds so flustered.

What about in the future?

She might bear it alone.

Song Yan lowers his head and messages his temple.

He feels so tired that he doesn't want to say anything.