Chapter 35

The car, which brings Song Yan, disappears from her sight. Xu Qin stays there for a while, she wipes her eyes and runs toward the emergency center.

The night around is so peaceful and cold.

It's too cold that she feels her whole body is freezing. She keeps on shivering and couldn't show any respond. Her heart is cold too, she couldn't feel anything.

She has no feeling of sadness or suffering. She feels like she is living the sad fate world. Everyday there would be someone losing their beloved relative, everyday they would be someone who watches how they lose something.

Her tears just start to fall dow, though there's nothing to cry about.

It's all useless.

But when she passes a desolated road, she hears the blowing wind. She could hear a utter sad calls, it seems like the Heaven is taking pity on her.

Without any sign, she suddenly just kneels down and howls. She cries loudly.

She doesn't want to hide anymore, she doesn't want to constrain it. She is so afraid. She is too terrified. She doesn't want to avoid or conceal it anymore. No one knows that she is here, no one could hear her heartbreaking cry.

There's only the north wind.

..........

Xu Qin returns to the emergency center, her tears are drying.

Song Yan has been sent inside the surgery room.

Xu Qin is leaning on the wall, her face is so pale. She has no expression. After venting her sadness, her mind is blank. She has no feeling, she just feels the most primitive feeling —— Tired, she is too tired.

These two nights she hasn't closed her eyes, her mood is numb.

That time Xu Qin thinks. If Song Yan is dead, what should she do.

Her heart is twisted, it is so painful that her tears fall down.

She immediately looks at the ceiling and blinks.

Then she towards the lobby.

She looks around the lobby. There are people around waiting for their injured loved ones.

Being doctor for so many years, she never really pays attention to the patients.

This moment she notices that her fate is held by someone much greater than herself.

She lowers her head and covers her face.

"Doctor!' Someone yells.

Xu Qin immediately raises her head and looks over. She suddenly turns cold and runs toward the one that yells.

A group of soldiers are taking a young man, who has buried inside the ruins for 37 hours. He breaks his arm and the blood is coming out.

Xu Qin holds his bleeding arm quickly and says to the nurse: "Prepare the bag of the blood!"

Everyone starts to get busy, the young man is taken to the operating room. Xu Qin immediately goes to change her clothes and disinfect her hands. She goes to wear the glove and mask. A nurse is helping her to change into her surgery gown.

She enters the operating room, the nurses are preparing the tools. Xu Qin picks up the scalpel and looks at the patient. Her sadness and tiredness are gone.

No Song Yan, there's no herself.

Facing the fainted young man, she just has a thought: With her medical knowledge, she would protect her to have human dignity.