Chapter 47

Alex POV

"Don't look at me like that Miss Kristoff. I'm giving you a choice, not forcing you" I chuckled and look at her innocently.

"what if i refuse?"

I felt my blood boil and excitement filled my head "Then we will leave and forget that we ever met"

"Really?" she asked suspiciously.

"believe me" I answered back while smiling

She looked at me for a few seconds and laugh. "you are crazy. tell me again without letting out your bloodthirst. You are obviously ready to battle us, aren't you?"

I pouted and answered back "Obviously, it's you who's ready to attack"

I notice her small movements earlier. I'm not stupid.

"What do you really need from us, Alex" She asks defeated.

"I want you to follow me, just you"

"why me?"

Because I need you. The government is already looking for you, so I will steal you from them.

"Because of your ability. I need some people to build bases from all around the country, even the world"

"why?"

I gave her a serious look and said "Because war is coming. War between humans vs Mutants, human vs human and more importantly, war between countries"

Her forhead creased and said "how did you know?"

I gave out a shallow laugh and look at her "Because i'm a genius"

She raised her eyebrows and looked at me.

"what is your decision?" I asked eagerly.

"Fine.. Let me follow you. Because my instinct is telling me that you are not a bad person. Those squads of yours are good people, disciplined and their eyes are pure. You, as their leader protected them from this cruel world is admirable. Those kids are innocent and naive. Only a leader with kind heart can lead them. And I will let you lead me as well. Do not dissapoint me Alex"

I let out a sincere smile and looked at Avery with excitement. "You won't regret it, I promise!"

I pulled out a large battery operated speaker and microphone from my space and turned it on. We're out in the field so they wont hear me without it.

"Seriously?!" Avery laugh looking at the speaker.  I ignored her and caugh the attention of the crowd. Nagmukha tuloy akong nangangampanya.

"I will re-organize this base and become one of our vasal bases. From now on, I will call this as Virgo's Stronghold. I will leave this base to Miss Avery Kristoff. Anyone who wants to leave can leave, and whoever wants to stay will stay. For those who wants to leave will be given weapons and foods that can last for a week. you can go on your own. And those who wants to stay needs to follow the leader I will assigned to you. Those who rebel will be killed.  I will give you 30 minutes.The decision is yours"

I turned off the speaker and left them

"Follow me Avery. bring your people with you"

She nods and gesture them to folllow us. I left the squad to maintain the order outside.

We went back to the Gym and face each other.  Billy is right, these people are awakeneds.

"You should know them already" Avery started. Tumango ako at pinagmasdan sila isa isa. They did noy speak and just looked at me. Their hunch backs are already straightened and their cowardly became serious and dignified.