Chapter 6: she's leaving

Chapter 6

( Monika's POV )

I look at her up and down. This is the first time seeing her in shorts. Her skin is flawless, white and soft. I admit, she's a real beauty beyond definition. I always knew she's pretty in those glasses but i didn't expect it to be like this.

" i know everyone of you are still scared and traumatized. You've seen a lot. This is your first time seeing those freaks. I understand if we don't talk about it tonight. "

" i think, it's okay Alex. We are scared but- seeing you fight made us at ease. " Nick said.

" he's right, Alex. Tell us what ever you want to say " said Chris. Pakiramdam ko ang dalawang ito ang kaliwa at kanang kamay ni alex.

Everyone agreed so she started talking.

" first, let's accept what's happening right now. I'm not telling you to stop crying or mourning but i want all of you to be strong. Our government abandoned us but it does't mean our families did too. We need to be strong for them. We're going to live. And we will wait for help. It will come, i promised "

She paused. And everyone nodded. Some cried but some have a determined look in their face. As for me? I'm going to live. 

She was about to continue when her phone rang. Her eyes widen in shock.

" Gracious! I forgot to call my parents "

We all dropped our jaw and have ' WTF' written in our faces.

She forgot calling her parents?!!

" h-hey Mom? What's up " she said nervously.

She mouthed shit and distanced her ears from the phone. Everyone laugh with her reactions.

" laughing? No one's laughing mom. "

I think her mother heard us and asking if she have some company.

" Mom! " she shouted but in the end she activate the loud speaker.

" Alexis, can they hear me now? "

" yes Mom"

" sure? " ang kulit ng Mom nya.

" arhhgg. Guys, please say hi to my mom. "

And just like a good children. We shouted hi. The person in the other laugh

" hello to you too. Anyways, i will ask an advance forgiveness for my daughter. She's stubborn and childish and i'm sure she will make your head hurts. "

Everyone laughed , so am i.

" But, she's reliable. She can make you survive and live. I'm not telling you to follow her. Trust her. That's all you need to do. "

We went in silence. We stared at Alex and she's just there silently listening.

" Willford Boarding School is the safest place for now. It may look elegant and so, but there's a lot more about it. That daughter of mine is a genius. She created this school since age 10. "

We all gasped in disbelief.  She created this school?

" she designed everything. She won't stop saying what ifs. She designed it to survive end of the world. I just can't believe that it will be useful today. Good Job, anak "

" okay mom. Bye po " natawa na naman kaming lahat. Ang cute nilang mag nanay. I can't wait to see her parents

" Hey!! I'm not done yet! "

" sabi ko nga. Ma naman, wag mo ng ikwento talambuhay ko. Konti nalang mapapakanta na ako ng Maala ala mo kaya "

" shut up! - so, students over there. Please survive. We will rescue you, i promised. I will do everything in my power to get you all out of there. We're already talking to each of the states to help us. I will end this call now, and i'll call again. Tinali ko kasi yung asawa ko. -- Alex baby bear! Don't leave us. Don't fight those monsters and stay in the school. Stay in your room and lock it so--- Honey! Hey Alex, i'll end this na. Good bye. I love you "