Chapter 53:

ALEX

"Alex, we harvested a total of 1,000 kg variety of vegetables and almost 5 thousands kilos of rice!" Andrea reported with hidden excitement.

I looked at her in surprise. this is thousands of kilos of food that was created by our own hands!

"That much?! but we only planted a total of 20 kilometers of land!" i shouted in my heart.

I looked at Andrea and confirmed my hunch. "Aside from the core members research, did they used someone's ability to get more yield?"

"yes, Alex!" she nodded, "Scarlet who awakened a plant type ability was able to accelerate the crop's maturity, while the research group extracted the core's energy and researched a type of liquid called AF1 that can further improve the quality of the seeds! our crops are not only large but nutitious and beneficial to the body! It can improve our physical body even if you are not a physical ability users"

I clench my fist in excitement. "does it means that ordinary people can take in some energy from the food by eating those crops?"

"yes! although it wont make them awakened some abilities, but it can make their bodies immune to common sickness"

i looked at Andrea and started thinking how to use these treasures. "how many of these liquids can be produce every month?"

"They had to manually extract the energy and it needs to be processed carefully. The group can make a liter of AF1 every day and can be diluted depends on its use. We can also dilute the solution to make sure that every seed will live even in harsher location"

hmm? this liquids sound like a fantasy. before apocalypse, even my genius biologist and chemist friend Kei can't make it without using all his life. but with the presence of this mysterious energy core, some extraordinary things can be done with a talent and great imagination.

"Is the process complicated?"

can other's easily do this?

Andrea suddenly laugh. "Don't worry, Alex. No one will be able to grasp this aside from our current researh group. I still have 99% confidence about this. Even Maegan agreed on this"

huh? ganon sila kasigurado?

"bakit? how can you be so sure?" i asked full of curiousity.

"There are two reasons: the extraction machine was created by Lyka. no one can safely extracted the unctrollable energy in the core without using this specialy machine. If others forcefully extracted it, the result will be dangerous. More importantly, your mountain is mysteriously rich and full of vitality. The land is more fertile than others. unless they found a land with the same quality as we do, they can plant and harvest generous amount of ordinary crops, but they can't grow the mutated crops like we do"

my eyes widened in shock, excitement and happiness. Lyka is really a genius! Kahit minsan may saltik.

and speaking of the mountain. siguro dahil may naka baon na napaka laking energy core sa ilalim ng bundok na to' at compatible ang AF1 sa lupa kaya nag mutate ang mga tanim.

Mutated or not, more foods are good! We can plant all kinds of mutated fruits, and crops in the mountain. Then use the AF1 to grow ordinary one outside the mountain.

"Andrea, limit the construction of houses inside the mountain to 100,000 house holds, use 10 acres of land to build an artificial lake for irrigation, and allocate another 20 acres of land for business district.  The rest of the land will be use for planting and poultry. Lastly, create an addional cemented road as shortcut to go around the other side of K, N, and Y city"