Chapter 54:

Alex's POV

It's been a month since his confession.  Thankfully he didnt do anything strange.

Avoidance is the key! Haha

"Anong tinatawa tawa mo jan? Para kang baliw" Lyka asked while eating some melon seeds in our room na hindi ko alam kung saan galing.

I rolled my eyes and asked back. " Bakit hindi ka tumutulong sa squad? Nasan sila Monica at Red?"

"They are cleaning up the base"

"Good. Especially sa loob ng mga buildings at mga establishments. Make sure walang pakalat kalat na zombies sa loob"

The pentagon wall is already completed. The only thing left is to clean up everything inside. Burn the dead bodies and clean the blood stains all over the place. Remove the cars and vehicles in the road and collect supplies.

"Did something happened between you and that guy?" Lyka asked.

I looked at her and told her what happened. Sumimangot ito. "Ang baduy, tsk"

Natawa ako bigla sa itsura nito. If it was before ganon din ang sasabihin ko. For us, romance is not our thing. But Ice is giving me something different. The feeling of being protected is strange and pleasant at the same time. Although hindi ko naman kailangan.

And he's always there for me. Kahit hindi ko sya nakikita, feeling ko nasa paligid lang sya.   He's always around but he's not crossing my bounderies. 

And i will never forget that time when he helped me when i needed someone the most. When i panicked and didn't know what to do when the whole squad died. He reminded me and asked me to use my time and space ability to turn back the time to save my friends. And he doesn't even know it himself.

"Do you like him?" She ask again.

I smiled and replied "I don't know, Lyka. I'm confused"

She frowned and said. "I don't like him"

Napailing nalang ako at hindi na sumagot. Because she won't understand.

"His friend confessed to me too"

I was startled and asked. "Isen?"

"Hmm" she answered while eating the melon seed like it's nothing.

"You rejected him?"

"Yes"

I smiled, not surprise at all. "Why? You don't like him?"

Lyka looked up and stared at me strangely. Her eyes shows confusion and slight anger.

"For me, the world is just my family, Kei, and you. I don't care about anyone else. Aren't you the same?"

I hissed and took a deep breathe. I closed my eyes for a moment and smiled. "I thought so too. But when i saw them die in front of me made me realize that i already accepted them in my heart"

I looked into her eyes and smiled sadly. "It was painful to see them die"

Lyka froze and looked at me in shock. "W-What do yo mean?"

I didn't speak and just closed my eyes.

"You changed, Alex" she thrown away the seeds and laugh bitterly. "Your hiding secrets from me now huh?" Her voice has hint of anger and dissapointment.

I bit my lips and saw my friend, red eyed in anger.

"It's for your own good"

"When did you ever consider my own opinion huh Alex? Lagi nalang ikaw ang nasusunod. Pano naman yung side ko? Have you ever asked me? When you save and keep those outsiders, have you asked me?"