Chapter 49:

Alex's POV

I laughed so hard in my mind.

Did i scare her?

Sometimes, you don't need to give kindness to move people. Just let them know what you can do. Although I did not lie, past is past. I had my family and friends when i was lost, and then healed myself along the way.

"I want you to meet, Maegan" I told her when we enter the office.

Maegan is sitting in front of her computer with her glasses on. There are bundle of documents beside her. She looked up and looked at us blankly.

"You are?" She frowned and looked at Avery. Bastos, mas matanda kaya sa amin si Avery.

Avery smiled and answered "Avery Kristoff.. I will be the leader of Virgo's Stronghold"

Pres was stunned and looked at me "Virgo's stronghold? Care to explain this?"

I laugh awkwardly and explain what happened yesterday. Her frown became deeper and deeper.

She looked at Avery and politely said. "Can you wait for us outside. I just need to talk to Alex for a moment"

Avery gave me a confuse look and then went out.

I looked away.

"Are you fucking serious, Alexis?" She said with low but dangerous tone. "You are going to kill me aren't you? Hindi pa ako tapos dito sa base tapos meron na namang bago?"

I hissed and bit my to tongue.

"Pres, investment lang naman to. Isa pa, Avery Kristoff can do it. After 3 months, everything will pay off"

"Have you think of the consequence if she fail?"

I gave her my sweetest smile. "Yes. It's just 3 months supply. I can collect more if you want"

She glared at me and then sighed afterwards.

"I can't control you, Alex.. I hope this is the last!"

My eyes widened and said. "There's still more. Aries, Pieces, Capricorn---"

"Stop!" Maegan slap the table and glared at me. "Only your zodiac bases, that's all.."

I grinned "I still gave constellation---"

"Get out!" She pointed at the door.

"Uh that's a joke--"

"I said, Get. Out!"

I ran to the door and felt a ballpen hit the back of my head. "Damn! Ang init ng ulo grabe..." Although, I can avoid it, I don't dare.

Pag bukas ko ng pinto ay nakita ko agad si Avery na nagtatakang nakatingin sa akin. 

"Let's get out of here" nag mamadali kong yaya sa kanya. Baka kasi ibang bagay na ang ibato ni Pres. Sobrang stress na siguro nya. Ayaw kasing kumuha ng assistant. Mabuti nalang nandito si Andrea na nag mamanage ng Inner district.

"Did she scold you?" She inquired

I raised my right brow "Who will dare to scold me? I'm the boss here. Remember that..."

"I heard--"

"Then clean your ear. Isang taon na yang tutuli mo"

Her mouth opened to counter me but then close again. "I'll give you some cotton---"

"I can buy my own!" She shouted with red face.

I bit my lips to stiffle a laugh.

"I'll introduce you to Andrea. Follow me" i said with my serious face. Deep inside i wanted to laugh.