Chapter 2: Outbreak

I woke up when my alarm goes off. It's already 5 am and i'm going to jog. It became my routine everyday to make myself fit. I wore a sweatpants and a shirt with my hoody. Although it is still dark outside, i can't let them know what i'm doing. Sino naman ang hindi magugulat kung ang isang lampa at book nerd na kagaya ko ay mag eexercise ng ganito kaaga? They will make fun of me and later on, will play a prank of me at this type of hour.

It is dark outside and you won't think that it's already 5 am. The soccer field is all mine. Ako lang kasi ang tao. I mean, it is always vacant at this hour. Sinuot ko ang hood para takpan ang mukha ko at nag stretching. Pagkatapos ay sinumulan ko ng mag jogging. Ng hindi makuntento ay tumakbo na ako. Hindi ko na nabilang kung naka ilang laps ako ang alam ko lang ay napagod ako. That's good. I feel refreshed and human.

Inayos ko ang hood ko at bumalik na sa kwarto. Binuksan ko ang TV at nag handa na sa pag ligo. I took my time in the shower. That felt good!

" Everyone is happy that Kei Smith Mundalle is staying in the Phil-- "

I turned off the TV and chuckled.

It's been a month since that person came in the philippines and they are still making a big fuss about him. I can't believe people. I' m always watching tv and for the nth time, he's always there. Alam kong sikat sya, matalino at gwapo pero kailangan bang paulit ulit? Tsk!

I wore a simple black jeans, v-neck shirt and a white hoodie. I braided my hair and put on my glasses.

Lumabas na ako sa kwarto at isinuot ang hood ko. Good thing about week ends and no class?? Hindi ko kailangang mag suot ng uniform at masusuot ko ang hoodie ko to cover my  face. Last thing i want right now is a bully because i'm hungry.

I entered the cafeteria and made sure that no one will notice me. I ordered two slices of cake, bottled milk and water.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng makalabas ng cafeteria. Pumunta ako sa rooftop na lagi kong ginagawa. I devour the cake and moaned.

" this is fucking delicious! "

It was my last bite when something attracts my attention. I narrowed my eyes to see clearer but i only see smoke. I run and go to a room in third floor to look for something. It's my telescope. I used it for fun. I always used this to look for something fun.

In the past, i saw the guards sleep with mouth open. I watch students trying to sneak out. I saw lovers making out. In fact i saw my biology teacher making out with my another bully Karen, who always order me to make her assignments.

I run back the rooftop again and look for the smoke. I adjusted the binocular comfortably and saw something i never dreamed of .

I almost drop my baby! That shocked me. My heart is beating fast. I gulp a lump on my throat. I can see the city from here and hell!!

This isn't true!

I gasp for air. Think Alex! Think!

That'a right! I need to tell them!

With that thought. I run fast back to the cafeteria where i know all of the student are eating their break fast. I opened the door and look for something i can use to attract their attention.

Then i saw the TV. It's in the news! I'm sure of it. But those jocks are watching and holding the remote.

Hell!

I'm pacing back and forth when I saw her looking at me.

" Monica! I need your help "

" w-what? " i saw her look at her friends. Ashamed that someone like me talk to her?? I dont care!