Chapter 10

"This problem can't be solved if Alexander keeps ignoring you like this, " Daniella crossed her arms. 

"If you want him to notice you, then you'll have to do things that grab his attention, " She explained while the omega listened carefully.  

"Start with simple things like cooking his favorite food, selecting his outfit, or cleaning his work table, " 

"I-I've already tried cooking his favorite dishes but….. he barely eats it…." The omega looked down in disappointment. 

"Keep doing it, one day he'll surely appreciate it, " The doctor gave him a small smile. "Don't be disheartened if the alpha didn't say thank you or acknowledge your efforts, it'll take him some time to appreciate you, " 

Jude mustered up a tight-lipped smile. He just hoped everything the doctor said was true. 

"Now, your mate only sees you as a male omega and that's what you have to change. You have to make him realize that you're a lot more than what he thinks of you, "  Daniella leaned in and patted his shoulder. "Most of the alphas are hot-tempered, so he might get angry at you a lot but do not let him hurt you again, okay? "

"Okay, " Jude nodded. 

"We're starting with the simple things because there's a chance that your mate will get irritated if you tried to pry into his business a lot. Also, alpha's are very territorial so when you take his stuff, be sure to put it back in its place," Daniella warned the omega. 

The doctor continued to give him some more advice about how to deal with the alpha. It lasted for twenty minutes before Jude thanked Daniella and went out.

"How was it?" Cheryl asked as soon as she saw the omega step out of the room. 

Jude sighed. "I think it went well… " He said to the girl who smiled. "She gave some tips and advice to change Alexander's treatment towards me….. I just hope it works, " 

"Don't worry, it'll work," Cheryl gripped his shoulders to assure him. 

"Come on, let's go. I already paid, " The girl smiled before she walked off towards the elevator. 

*

*

*

"Good thing we went out today, I really wanted you to try this Chinese dish, it's awesome!" Cheryl chirped as she walked inside the mansion with two take-out bags in her hand. "I always go there every week because my kid is crazy about it, " She laughed. 

Jude smiled as he followed her. It was fun to spend time with Cheryl. It eased the omega's heavy heart. 

"Hey Cheryl, wait!" The omega stopped the maid as he suddenly remembered something. "You go inside, I'll be there in a minute," He said as he gave her the medicine kit in his hand. "I have to make a call, "

Cheryl nodded before taking the kit and walking inside. Jude fished out his phone from his pocket. He dialed Rosalyn's number and nervously bit his lips as he waited for her to pick up. 

"H-Hello, it's me, Jude, " He said quietly as Rosalyn picked up the phone. 

"I know, darling! I have your number saved, " Rosalyn laughed. "How are you? " 

"I'm fine….. How's everything going over there?" Jude timidly questioned. 

"It's okay, we're a little busy but it's nothing we can't manage," Rosalyn sighed. "Why did you call, dear? Is there anything you want to tell me?"

Jude fiddled with fingers for a minute, not knowing how to say it.

"Umm...I-I just wanted to know…. W-What are Alexander's favorite fl-flowers? " He stuttered out, causing Rosalyn to break out into laughter on the other side of the phone. 

The omega bit his lips as he flushed red from embarrassment. "I knew you'd be calling for something like this, " Rosalyn said as she continued to laugh. "He likes white daisies and cactus plants," She said to the omega. 

"Oh, t-thank you for telling me, " Jude beamed, making Rosalyn chuckle. 

"Are you planning a date or something? " She asked curiously.

"N-No, it's not a date….just something to make him happy… " Jude trailed off. 

"Aww… you two are so romantic! " Rosalyn squealed.

 A sad smile formed on the omega's lips as he heard her words. If only his mother-in-law knew what's going between them….. 

Jude said bye to Rosalyn before he hung up. He sighed as he looked around the garden. 

There weren't any daisies. 

*

*

*

The omega went out to find Matthew after lunch. The Chinese dish was delicious as Cheryl described. 

"Jude, are you looking for me? " The boy looked around when he heard Matthew's voice. "Oh god, what happened to your foot?" Matthew asked worriedly. 

"Oh, it's nothing, I slipped and sprained my ankle. The doctor recommended this sock to stop the swelling, " He explained but the gardener still had a frown on his face. 

"Don't be careless, Jude. You have to take care of yourself, " Matthew grumbled before going back to what he was doing before. 

 "I will, " Jude smiled at the old man who was planting some type of new roses. "New roses? " 

"Yes, blue ones," Matthew answered. " Not gonna lie, it was hella hard to grow these but I finally did it, " 

Jude chuckled as the man talked. 

"Umm… Matthew, I wanted to know if we have white daisies here…" 

Matthew looked up confused. "White daisies?  Yes, we have. Not much but about five or six pots," He answered. 

"Great! " Jude beamed. "Move them all to the front and order more white daisies. I want it everywhere around the house, " He talked excitedly, causing the old man to raise a brow.

"You like daisies that much?" He asked the omega with a chuckle. 

"Oh no, n-not me, it's Alexander's favorite, "  Jude stuttered out.

"Really? Then Alexander is one lucky guy to have a mate like you," Matthew couldn't help but smile at the boy who stared down with a small smile. 

*

*

*

Jude cooked lobsters for dinner since he remembers Rosalyn saying that the alpha likes it. He paced around the hall as he waited for his mate. 

As usual, Alexander came home after midnight. The omega stumbled as he walked to the kitchen as fast as he could. Walking without the sock really increased the pain.

He quickly served the dinner and gave it to the alpha. Standing back a little, Jude quietly watched as the alpha ate, scrolling through his phone. 

"D-Do you like it?"  The omega whispered, causing Alexander to stop. 

"It's okay, "  The alpha said before he continued to eat. 

Jude's eyes widened as he heard the alpha. His mate just said his dish is okay. Even though it was barely a compliment, the omega felt like he was over the moon. 

Jude smiled wide as he watched the alpha eat. 

"Can you stop staring at me like a creep and let me eat in peace?" Alexander asked with an annoyed expression. 

"O-Oh, okay….I'm sorry," Jude stuttered out before he walked to the bedroom.

No matter how rude Alexander sounded, the omega couldn't stop smiling.