Chapter 80

Jumping out of the balcony wasn't big of a deal for Alexander. The alpha's main concern was his mate. His heart thumped in his chest like a ticking time bomb as he ran through the street like a madman, looking in every direction to catch a glimpse of a familiar blond boy.

"Where are you?" Alexander panted out as he looked around. "Excuse me, sir!" He shouted to catch the attention of a man working in the front yard of a house. "Have you seen a guy walk this way? He's lean, short, and has blond hair. He was wearing a-a white t-shirt and blue jeans." He stared expectantly.

The man frowned. "Was he an omega, son? 'Cause I think I've seen one walking that way,"  He pointed to his right. 

"Yes, sir. Thank you so much!" The alpha thanked him before bolting toward the direction the man pointed at.

Alexander froze when he heard the sound of sirens. His head clouded with worry and thoughts that made his legs weak.

No…no…no…

The alpha clenched his fist as he ran with all his might. He saw bright lights, cars, and people running around. In the periphery, Alexander could see smoke but the alpha willingly ignored it, his eyes searching only for a familiar blond boy.

Alexander stilled for a moment when he finally saw him. The golden hair of his mate. But the omega wasn't standing and waiting for him as he hoped. Instead, the boy was on a stretcher being carried into the ambulance.

"Jude? Jude!" Alexander pushed through the crowd. "Move. Let me through, please! Jude!" 

"Sir! Please stop!" A man in uniform caught him before he could reach any closer. 

"Let me go. That's my mate! Jude!" 

"Sir, they're taking him to the hospital," He spoke as the ambulance moved. 

"I need to go with them! He's my mate!" 

"Please calm down, sir. They need to get him to the hospital as soon as possible. Don't worry, we'll take you there. Just wait a minute." 

"No, which hospital are they taking him to?" 

"Lakeside Hospital,"

And that was all it took for Alexander to turn around and find a cab to take him there. 

Wait a minute? 

How could he wait even a second after he just saw the omega being carried like that? How could he be calm?

___

Alexander sat outside the operating room for only god knows how long. For the alpha, it felt like a thousand years had passed. Jude was taken for emergency surgery as soon as he arrived at the hospital. 

He wordlessly stared at his hands. They haven't stopped shaking for even a second. His body was weak and the alpha felt like he would faint any minute if he tried to stand up.

Jude is inside. Jude is hurt. 

The words kept haunting his mind, making him believe that it was all his fault. Alexander bit his lips as he thought about all the things he could've done to avoid this. All the things he could've told Jude to keep the omega safe. If he had been a little more understanding and patient, Jude would've been in his arms. Safe and sound.

But that's not the case. 

Alexander always messes things up. His ego gets in his way. And now, that had resulted in his mate being inside the operating room. 

"Alex! How is he?" Alexander lifted his head when he heard the familiar voice of his mother. Rosalyn stood there, her worried eyes scanning her son's face.