Chapter 36

"Do you think I can do it? " The boy looked up at Cheryl, his lips pushed into a cute pout. "I feel really nervous… Rosalyn is coming tomorrow to discuss it with me but I don't know what to say to her, " 

Cheryl sighed. "Jude," She said his name like a mother scolding her son. "You have to stop doubting yourself like that. From what I know, you are an amazing baker and a cook. Just stop thinking negatively,"

The omega groaned, putting his head down on the kitchen counter. "It's not that easy, okay… ? I've always worked under someone so suddenly asking me to be the boss of a bakery is very hard to comply to, " 

"Hey, I understand… " Cheryl sat beside the boy, soothingly patting his back. "But just believe in yourself for once. You doubt yourself too much. It's not an impossible thing, you know? It's okay if you mess up. No one is born perfect in everything. You'll learn how things work as you experience them, " She smiled. 

"It's just that…  If I mess up, it's like I'm wasting Alexander's money… It's very pressuring… "

"Jude, the Ivanov family has tons of assets. They wouldn't mind losing a few dollars on a bakery, " Cheryl chuckled. "You really have no idea about their business investments, do you? " She eyed the omega in amusement. 

Jude tilted his head, confusion taking over his features. He wanted to ask more about it but a ringing phone cut him off. His pupils dilated as he saw his mate's name on the screen. 

"Alexander is calling me! What should I do? " The omega stood up from his seat. 

Cheryl was taken aback for a moment before she replied. "Jude, pick it up, "

"H-Huh? What? Why is he calling me? "

"Well, you're his mate and you need to pick it up before it ends unless we won't know, " Cheryl rubbed her temples. 

The omega picked up the phone with shaky hands. He nervously bit his lips as he pressed on the green button. 

Alexander never called him like this. So getting a call from the alpha made him very nervous. Especially after the previous incidents. Alexander and he hadn't even talked much after that so he didn't know what to say. 

"H-Hello? " 

"In my study, there's a red file on the table. I need you to pick that up and come to my office. It's an extremely confidential file so don't hand it over to someone else. Come here before noon, " The alpha spoke from the other side, his voice flat and straightforward. 

"W-What? Me? " 

"I'm talking to you, aren't I? You've been in my office before so just come here quickly. Take our car, the driver is there and bring your maid friend with you if you're scared. I have a meeting right now so I'm gonna go, " He said and cut the phone before Jude could say anything. 

The omega stood there in surprise for a minute. 

"Jude? What's wrong? " Cheryl raised her brows. 

"Alexander wants me to go to his office…" He mumbled out. 

"Wow… " She was surprised. "That's new… " 

"Yeah… I have to deliver a confidential file to him… " 

"A confidential file? And he chose you to deliver? He must trust you very much then, " The girl smirked, causing Jude's eyes to widen in surprise. 

"W-What? Really? " The omega blushed. "I'm gonna get ready right away! " He squealed before running upstairs. 

"Hey! Eat something before you go! " 

"I'm not hungry now and Alexander wants it before noon so let's go now, "