Chapter 20

Alexander blinked and opened his eyes but quickly closed them as the sunlight hit them. He tried to cover his face with his hand but they weren't moving.

The alpha felt the weight of something warm and soft on his bicep. He opened his eyes to see his mate lying snuggled up against his chest.

Jude's head was on Alexander's bicep and he gripped the alpha's other hand which was wrapped around him tightly.

Alexander was frozen and dumbfounded while he stared at the omega. He quickly got hold of himself and tried to move Jude off of him but it only made the boy whine and latch on to him more tightly.

The alpha sighed, looking at the omega irritatedly. He wanted to push him off but refrained from doing so when he remembered that he's the reason why Jude got attacked yesterday.

After a few minutes of effort, Alexander finally freed a hand from the omega's hold and ran it through his hair. He waited for Jude to wake up or to free his other hand so he could get out of the bed.

The alpha laid there and scrolled through his phone with Jude still snuggled up to his chest. Alexander heard the boy whine and mumble his name a few times before going still again.

After an hour and a half, Jude finally woke up from his sleep. The omega cutely rubbed his eyes before focusing them on his mate.

A sigh slipped past the boy's lips as he saw Alexander. He gave the alpha a small smile before hugging him close.

"You're so handsome even in my dreams," Jude mumbled and stuffed his face into his mate's neck. "And I really like your scent,"

Alexander stared at him with wide eyes.

Did the omega think he was dreaming?

Jude kissed the alpha's neck and it made tingles shoot down Alexander's body. And on the next second, the omega was pinned on the bed by his mate.

A gasp flew out of his lips as he slipped into reality. Jude stared wide-eyed at his mate who was hovering over him like a predator.

"Wake the fuck up, " Alexander groaned, staring at the surprised face of the boy.

Jude let out a small whimper when the alpha's grip on his hand turned tight and it immediately snapped the alpha out of his fury. Alexander let go of the omega's hand and sighed while he rubbed his temple.

Jude nervously glanced at his mate who was still hovering over him. He looked down and his eyes widened when he saw that he was only wearing underwear and their lower halves were only inches apart.

The omega quickly tried to cover himself with the sheets but it was unsuccessful as Alexander was still between his legs.

The alpha rolled his eyes and shuffled back. He got out of the bed and lazily stretched his body.

Jude took this opportunity to enjoy the view of his mate's shirtless body.

"Freshen up and stay here. I'll bring breakfast to you. Don't come downstairs, just stay here and take rest. You hear me? " Alexander turned to the omega who looked at him dumbfounded.

Jude was confused but still nodded.

Is the alpha telling him to take a rest because he's injured?

Does he feel guilty for him?

Jude remembers what happened yesterday. And he knows it very well if the alpha didn't make him get on the cab, he wouldn't have gone through all that.

He knows he shouldn't forgive Alexander that easily....

But that was the first time the alpha cared for him...

That was the first time Alexander hugged him...

Cuddled him...

He couldn't help but feel happy.

Jude completely pushed away the memory of the traumatic experience he went through yesterday.

He didn't want to think about it.

It was making his headache so instead, he tried to focus on the good things that happened yesterday.

*

*

Jude watched as Alexander came out of the bathroom after the shower. The alpha quickly went to the closet and took a tank top out of it. "Go shower," He said to the omega, not even bothering to look his way.

Jude shuffled out of the bed with his lips pressed tight. It seems that Alexander was back to his aloof self.

He wanted to see more of the alpha's caring side but his mate really is a cold-hearted devil. The omega pouted as he stumbled towards the bathroom.

*

*

When Jude came back after the shower, Alexander was nowhere to be seen in the room. He assumed that the alpha went downstairs and decided to dress up. The boy took out a sweater and jeans before taking his boxers.

He was ready to unwrap his towel when Alexander suddenly came to the room with a tray of breakfast.

The omega squealed when he was surprised by his mate's sudden entry. Alexander frowned as soon as he saw the clothes on the bed.

"You're not wearing that," The alpha said seriously before setting the tray of food on the table. "You shouldn't wear rough clothes that will irritate your bruises, " He explained while he took a bag that was on the table.

It looked new and unopened. Jude watched the alpha as he opened the bag and took out various pairs of silk pajamas.

The omega blushed as soon as he saw it. He squealed in his mind like a teenage girl because his mate had bought him something for the first time.

Alexander gave him a mauve silk pajama set. Jude was pretty amazed as he examined the pair of pajamas. It had a silk shirt and shorts.

The omega was excited to put it on so he told the alpha that he was going to the bathroom to try it on but Alexander stopped him immediately.

"You're not wearing that boxers too, " The alpha said, taking the boxer briefs from his mate's hands. He then took another package and took out something from it.

Jude's eyes grew wide as he saw what was in his mate's hands...

Silk panties...

What?!

"P-Panties? Why d-did you-I'm not w-wearing that!" The omega shook his head frantically, his face flushed red like a tomato.

Alexander frowned. "I told you, you can't wear rough clothes. Your briefs' elastic is going to hurt you more. Panties are the best option because the silk won't irritate the bruises, " He explained, extending the underwear towards the omega.

"W-what are you t-talking about? There must be s-something else we can-"

"Well, there's G-strings. Do you want to try it? " Alexander cut off the omega and crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows challengingly.

"Wh-what? Oh god n-no, panties are fine," The boy was a flustered mess as soon as he heard the word 'G-strings'.

He hastily took it from the alpha's hands and turned to leave but Alexander stopped him once again.

The alpha took the pajama set from his hands, causing Jude to frown.

"What are you-"

"Only wear the panties now. I have something to do with you, " Alexander breathed out, causing the omega to shudder.

The alpha stared at his mate's bright blue eyes which were wide and gleaming.

Jude gulped.

What was Alexander going to do now?