Chapter 77

"Jude, please come inside," The alpha opened the door wide as he stepped aside.

"Answer me, Damien. What did you do to him? Where is he?" Jude glared at the alpha as he got inside the hotel suite.

"He's in the room. He fainted–"

"What?!"

"He's fine. Don't worry. I just had a doctor check-up on him a few minutes ago. He fainted because he was exhausted from his heat…"

"His heat?!"

Damien let out a deep sigh. "Sit down, Jude. I'll tell you everything."

___

"I can't believe this…I can't….You marked him and then you left him? What the hell, Damien? Are you stupid?!" Jude yelled at the alpha who could only stare at the floor. "I want to take this vase and smash it on your head, Damien. I don't think you'd need your brain because you don't seem to use it much." He leaned back and closed his eyes while breathing hard, trying to get his anger under control.

"I know it's my fault. I didn't know what to do… He was begging me to mark him and I lost control. I panicked because we didn't talk about marking and it felt like I violated him." Damien tugged at the roots of his messy hair.

"Damien, I kinda see your point. But omegas are extremely sensitive while they're in heat and after they're marked. You leaving him must've made him feel like you abandoned him."

Damien looked up. "What do I do…? How do I fix this? You have to help me, Jude. I don't know what to do…I don't want to hurt him…" Damien said as his body slumped on the chair.

Jude studied the alpha with a serious look on his face. "I'm going to ask you one thing, Damien. Answer me truthfully."

Damien met the omega's stern look. "What is your plan? Do you still want to break the bond?"

"I….I don't know—"

"Damien, I swear to every fucking god that exist that I will smash your head open and feed your brain to freaking chickens if you plan to undo the bond. I'm not joking." Jude gritted out.

Damien paused and looked down. "I won't hurt him, Jude. I might not be sure about the bonding yet but I'll never break it. I don't want to cause him any pain,"

"Make this work, Damien. I'm serious. The first time I met you, I thought you were a level-headed person. You proved me wrong." The omega sighed. "Don't fail your mate. I've been like him and it hurts like hell."

"I understand…"

"Take me to him,"

___

"He lost weight…" Jude stared down at the unconscious omega.

"He hasn't been eating well since I left."

"Yeah, well no shit," Jude rounded the bed to get close to the sleeping boy. "Good lord, Damien. You made him a mess." He threw a sharp look at the alpha.

Damien looked down. "Can you stay until he wakes up? I need you to talk to him."

"Talk to him about what?"

"His heat isn't over, Jude. I need you to convince him to go back. I cannot–"

"No." The omega stood up. "Are you kidding me, Damien? You're spending the rest of his heat with him."

"Jude, you don't understand. It's not—"

"Damien, do you plan to accept him as your mate?"

Damien took a deep breath. "Well, I'm thinking about the future—"

"There's nothing to think about, Damien. I don't know why you're purposefully ignoring that. You both are mates. You cannot stay away from him without hurting him. Now that you marked him, it's impossible. What's there to think about?"

Damien grew silent. He didn't know what to say. "I just want some time to take it all in."

"Well, you're not getting that." Jude crossed his arms. "You had enough time to think about stuff but you were busy trying to break the bond."

"I don't know what to do, Jude." Damien groaned.

"The only thing you need to do is to be there for him." Jude countered.

"It's not like I want to leave him. I just want to be away until his heat is over,"

"What are you scared of? You're already mates, Damien. He risked everything and came here searching for you. He wanted his mate close to him. Do you expect me to tell that guy to go back?"

Damien looked at his mate with a gentle expression. "I'm afraid to face him when he wakes up…"

"As you should be," Jude scoffed.

"Can you stay until he wakes up?" Damien turned to Jude with pleading eyes.

The omega frowned. "I can't even if I want to,"

"Why not?"

"Damien, Alex doesn't like you." He raked a hand through his hair. "He found out when you were visiting Sage at the cafe. He asked me about it and I had to lie to him because you made me promise not to talk about you and Sage to anyone. I can't lie to him anymore. I don't want my mate to misunderstand." He sighed. "I have to leave now. I came here without him knowing."

"Jude, please," The alpha begged.

"You need to solve your own problems, Damien." Jude shook his head in disappointment.

"I know…" Damien looked at his mate. "I don't know if I would be able to control myself… I want to talk with him before we do anything. I just don't want him to hate me anymore…"

"He wouldn't," Sage replied as he walked out of the room. "If he didn't want you to mate him, he wouldn't have risked everything and followed you here."

"What if it's because I marked him? After marking omegas, they experience extreme yearning for their mates. What if it's because of that?"

"It's not because you marked him, Damien. Sage really wants to spend his heat with you." Jude scoffed. "Are you blind?"

"How would you know?" The alpha scowled. "You aren't even marked yet."

Jude froze. Damien's words suddenly send a pang of pain to his chest.

It's true…How would he know?

The omega subconsciously touched his neck. Alex never marked him or even talked about it. He always hoped for the alpha to bite him whenever they made love but Alexander never did.

Damien's eyes widened when he realized what he said. "Wait, Jude, I didn't mean it like that. I—"

"No, you don't have to apologize…" The omega turned to face the alpha with a fake smile. "You're right…I don't know. I don't know what getting marked feels like but I know how it feels not to get marked. So I'm sure Sage is more than happy that you finally marked him as your omega, Damien. Don't ruin it." The omega said before walking out of the hotel suite.

"Jude, wait!" Damien followed him hurriedly.

He couldn't let go of the omega without a proper apology. He knew his words hurt the omega more than he let it show.

"Jude," Damien caught his wrist right when Jude was in front of the elevator. "Please listen to me. I didn't mean to say that. It just came out–shit, I'm sorry."

"Let go of me, Damien. I need to—"

Jude paused when the elevator opened and his eyes locked with the familiar blue ones of his mate staring back at him.

Alexander looked surprised and Jude was frozen in his spot as he watched the alpha's eyes darken as they shifted to fall on the hand holding onto his.

"Let him go."

____

Drama 👀