Chapter 103

"Alex....where is he? P-Please...my alpha...I need him..I..." Jude tried his best to talk through the pain, one hand on his belly as the hospital staff made him sit in a wheelchair.

"He'll be here soon, Jude. He just-He'll come soon, I promise," Sage looked around, trying not to panic.

"I can't go in without him, Sage. I can't–P-Please call him, it hurts–it hurts so much–-argh!" the omega cried, a wave of pain tugging his lower stomach into a knot.

"Don't worry, I'm right here. I'm going to get Alexander and I'll be right back. If you need anything, then just tell the nurses, okay?" Sage looked around frantically, hoping to catch a glimpse of the alpha somewhere around but Alexander was nowhere in sight.

"No, you-you can't go too. I'm—"

"Jude!!"

The omega's head whipped towards the source of his mate's voice. Alexander was running towards him, eyes widened in fear and worry.

"Alex!" Jude cried out his mate's name in relief, seeing his alpha was enough to give him half his life back. "It hurts...it hurts so much..."

Alexander was beside his mate in a second, taking the omega's hand into his as he panted, voice shaky and a bit terrified. "Shh... it's okay, I'm right here. It'll be over before you know it. Don't cry, baby," the alpha tried to calm his mate, feeling at a loss for words from seeing the pained expression on his omega's face.

Alexander wanted to say a thousand words to his mate, hold him close, and scent him to his heart's content till the omega's face wasn't twisted in pain and his beautiful eyes weren't blurry with tears. The nurses transferred him to the hospital bed and Jude couldn't help but cry out in pain each time the contractions hit. The alpha could see it in his eyes. The fear.

Jude looked terrified, blurry eyes scanning the whole room in search of his mate. Alexander's feet took him there even before he realized what was happening, just like a thread tugging him to where he needed to be. Jude cried loudly each time the pain hit and it made Alexander's alpha go haywire. His mate is in agony. He has never seen the omega in so much pain before and everything about it makes him want to wish for this to never happen again. He just wants Jude beside him, safe, happy, and smiling. His alpha is in distress from the omega's pain and it's messing up his head.

The omega's eyes never leave his even when they are putting his legs onto the leg troughs and Alexander takes his delicate hand into his, squeezing it and caressing it to give him as much as strength he could to push through this. The alpha is at a loss. He knew this would happen. He dreaded this moment but everyone told him he'd know what to do and that it'd come to him naturally.

Did they lie? Because he's standing beside his crying mate like a lost child while the omega is going through excruciating pain to bring their child into this world. Alexander has never felt so useless in his life.

To the omega, everyone's voice felt too far away, like he was drowning and all of them were saying things he couldn't hear from under the water. Jude felt sweaty and his mouth was dry like a desert. He focused his gaze on Alexander's lips, the alpha was mouthing something but he couldn't figure out what he was saying. Through his blurry vision, Jude could see that his mate was petrified by the things happening. The alpha's wide eyes, sweaty face, and messy frame were enough to know how Alexander was trying his best to keep calm.

The fleeting moment of relief where he felt like he was floating away was soon over when another hit of pain struck him. Jude felt his body convulse as he cried out, he felt the wetness of the tears in his eyes as they rolled into his ears when he squeezed his eyes shut from the pain. His body felt like it was trying to split itself open.