Chapter 93

Jude gripped his blanket tightly, scrunching it up as he exposed his neck a little more for Alexander to place soft kisses on his mating mark while one of the alpha's hands was busy caressing his swelling tummy. “Our little bub is growing fast,”

The omega let out a low hum, a soft smile grazing his lips at the thought of his baby. He turned his face to the side and Alexander jumped at the opportunity to catch his mate's lips in a soft kiss. “And my omega is glowing. How is it possible for you to turn pretty day by day?”

“Shut up,” the smaller man huffed, his cheeks heating up at the praise. No amount of compliments can make Jude get used to it.

“My pretty omega is shy,” Alexander laughed, gently squeezing his mate's body close to him. “How's work, doll? Is it hard for you?”

Jude shook his head, letting out a sigh before he talked. “Sage and the others won't let me work at all. They often force me to sit at the counter and handle billing. It's so boring,” he pouted, causing the alpha to chuckle.

“I have to thank them,”

“I hate you,” Jude turned to glare at his mate even though his words held no malice. “I hate it. Everyone can smell I'm pregnant and all the customers keep asking me this. I'm tired of replying to them. I'm contemplating writing ‘pregnant’ on my forehead so they would stop asking.” he huffed out with annoyance. “Some even asked me if they could see my belly. What kind of request is that? Who goes around asking to see other people's bellies? Disgusting people,”

Alexander frowned. “What? Who asked that?”

“I don't know. Some creepy alpha. He had this weird look on his face. I refused and asked him to mind his business.”

“I think I need to assign one of my men to look after you.”

“What? You already have one tailing me to work and home. That is enough.”

“No, it's not. You don't have anyone looking after you while you are working. We need one with you full-time. I can talk with Sam and Charlie–”

“I have Simon, Sage, Ash, and some other workers with me at the bakery. They can step in if something happens. Besides, I'm not a child. I don't need anyone to ‘look after me’,” the omega rolled his eyes with a scoff.

Alexander threaded his fingers through his mate's blonde locks, gently pressing on his scalp to calm him down. “I didn't mean that, baby. I can't risk someone attacking you. It'll be hard for your friends to hold back an alpha—”

“Ash is an alpha,” the omega countered.

Alexander heaved a sigh. “An alpha may not always be able to take down another alpha. I can't risk it,”

“Then why do you think your men will be able to take that alpha down?” Jude frowned while his mate gave him an incredulous look.

“Baby, my men are equipped with military-level training. They can take down any alpha. That's why I hired them,”

Jude let out a huff and turned away from his mate which made his alpha chuckle. “I know you hate this but yours and our baby's protection is what means the most to me. I'm sorry for ruining your mood. Can I do something to make it up to you?”

Jude stayed silent for a moment before he spoke up. “Maybe…maybe a massage,” he said in a small voice.

“Massage? Of course! Your shoulders?”
Alexander sat up, ready to get to work.

“No, my feet. They are very sore. I don't know why,”

“Really? Why didn't you say it earlier, baby?”