Chapter 15

The car drive was silent. Alexander ignored the omega by staring out of the window. Jude tried to make small conversations but the alpha only hummed in response. 

The boy fiddled with fingers not knowing what to do. The atmosphere inside the car was awkward. Even the driver could feel how uncomfortable it was. 

Alexander sat straight suddenly and adjusted his coat when they reached the theater. He got off as soon as the car was parked, not even bothering to glance at the omega. 

Jude sighed and nervously stumbled out of the car. His palms were cold and slightly shivering from being so anxious. 

Alexander waited a little far away from the car, irritatedly looking back at the omega who jogged a little to catch up with him. His face showed no emotion except annoyance. 

Jude felt like even his existence made the alpha irritated. 

Maybe he was right….

If he wasn't born, then Alexander would have someone else as his mate. Someone the alpha would love and cherish. 

The omega looked down as all kinds of negative thoughts passed through his mind. He quickly shook his head, trying to free his mind from them. 

This is a new chance to get close to the alpha. 

So he shouldn't be thinking anything negative. 

Alexander walked towards an elderly couple and greeted them before he introduced Jude as his mate. The omega shyly said hello to them while they both cooed at the boy. 

The alpha was smiling as he talked to the old couple but it wasn't a genuine smile. It was a business smile and Jude could see through it clearly. 

Jude figured out that the old couple are actually the owners of the theater when they thanked them for coming. 

"I'm so happy you guys married even after you know how society treats mates like you both, " The old woman said, softly caressing Jude's cheeks. Her husband put an arm around her, comfortingly rubbing it up and down on her back. 

"M-My grandson was a male omega too….. He was kind, beautiful, and happy….. He was such a sweetheart," The lady sighed. "He l-loved everyone even after they made fun of him for his second gender. B-But then one day… he-he left us alone in this world because of his mate…. his mate rejected him," 

Alexander's smile faltered. 

"Maria, don't ruin their date night by telling them all those depressing memories," The old man hugged his wife, comfortingly. 

"Oh, sorry," The lady wiped her tears. "It's just that you reminded me of him so much," She caressed the omega's cheek. 

Jude gave her a small smile. "Thank you for telling us about him. I'm sure he's happy up there," He gripped the lady's hand, comforting her. 

"Thank you, dear," The couple smiled at the omega. "You both should go in now," The old man looked at his watch. "The premiere will start in a few minutes," 

"Thank you for having us, Mr. Sullivan," Alexander smiled and shook hands with the old man before walking towards the theater. 

Jude followed the alpha while looking around. 

Cheryl was right. All the omega here were in cute and comfy outfits. 

"Walk faster," The alpha turned back and snapped, causing the omega to jump out of his thoughts. 

"O-Okay," Jude stuttered out, striding towards the alpha. He flushed red when he noticed some people staring at him.

After a few minutes, they both found their seats in the back row. Jude smiled as he sat down next to the alpha.