Chapter 83

"Baby, am I doing this right?"

"Yes, that's it. Just like that."

"Do you think it's too big?"

"No, it's the correct size. They taste better like that."

"After I'm done with this. I'll help you cut the veggies, okay? You don't have to do it." Alexander let his mate know as he continued to cut the chicken into pieces.

"Alex, I can manage it. Cutting some vegetables isn't going to tire me out. Besides, you're already struggling." Jude shook his head, causing his mate to let out a defeated sigh.

"I'm sorry, babe. I'll try to learn more about cooking from YouTube."

"There's no need. You're never going to let me step into the kitchen if you do that," Jude rolled his eyes. His mate washed his hands after he was done with the chicken and then embraced the omega from behind.

"I wanted to ask you something," Alexander muttered against the crook of his husband's neck.

"What is it?"

"What do you think about getting a dog?" He said, causing the omega to pause.

"A puppy?"

Alexander watched attentively as he saw his mate's eyes gleam. "Yeah,"

"Really?"

"Really."

"Oh my god!" Jude laughed, showing off his pearly whites and Alexander's heart swelled at the sight of his mate's eyes turning into crescents. "I always wanted a puppy!"

The alpha smiled. "We can get one then. I'm thinking about getting a Pitbull."

"Huh? But aren't they....
umm...aggressive?"

Alexander could feel the omega's worry seeping through his words. "If properly trained, all dogs are calm. I like them better than the small ones. Their bark irritates me." He said, placing a few kisses on the omega's neck. Jude was silent for a moment and the alpha could see that he was thinking while trying to focus on cooking.
"Do you not want it?"

"No, it's just that I wasn't thinking you would choose a Pitbull. I thought it would be a less intimidating breed." He chuckled. "I'm just a little scared..."

"Don't worry, baby. We're adopting a puppy. We'd have plenty of time to train it well and if you feel like you cannot be with it, then we can rehome him. Does that sound good to you?" Alexander tightened the hug. "It's just that Pitbulls can be good protectors-"

Jude whipped his head towards his mate. "I knew that was the reason." The omega shook his head.

Alexander pinched his lips together. "You wouldn't agree to have bodyguards and I'm always worried about you. I just want to feel at ease..."

"But why? I'm safe here. And it's not like I can go out with the dog too so like what's the point?"

"My friend's home was robbed a few months ago. They hurt his mate and tied her up. Luckily, she survived. Ever since I heard about it, I can never get that worry off my head. I want you to be safe all the time. That's why I replaced your driver with a trained ex-military guy who can protect you. This house has advanced security systems but I still don't trust it. I just think having a dog for a company will be good. Dogs are very loyal and intelligent, you know?"

Jude sighed. "You already made your decision, didn't you?"

"Please, say yes, baby." Alexander prepped the omega's face with kisses as he begged.

"Good heavens, fine!" Jude groaned.

"Thank you!" Alexander picked up his mate, twirling the omega happily while laughing.