Chapter 100

“Alex?” Jude peeked into the room where his mate was working. 

Alexander looked up from his laptop immediately. “Yes, love. Do you need something?”

“I can't find my socks,”

The alpha frowned. “Socks? Aren't they in the closet?”

“They are but I can't find the fuzzy peach-colored ones with a strawberry on top.” the omega looked down, lips jutting out as he played with the hem of his (Alexander's) shirt. 

Alexander closed the laptop and stood up from his chair. “Let me look for it, yeah? I think I put them away in the drawer.”

“Okay,” the smaller man nodded as his alpha walked to him and pecked his lips before striding towards their room. Jude waddled closely behind him, trying to keep up as fast as he could.

“Sit down, baby,” Alexander told his mate after he pulled out the socks. Jude obediently sat down on the bed, lifting his feet so his alpha could put the socks on for him. “Here, now all good?” The man asked with a soft smile after he helped his mate with the socks.

The omega nodded and gave him a toothy grin. “Scent?” 

“Of course, love,” Alexander didn't wait to smother the omega in his pheromones. 

“When will your work finish?” The omega asked, relaxing in his mate's hold. “I want to cuddle with you.”

“In a few minutes, baby. Are you feeling sleepy?”

“A little,”

“Then you should sleep. I'll come back—”

“No, can't. Don't feel safe without alpha,” the smaller man shook his head, scenting his mate back by rubbing his cheeks against Alexander's scent gland. 

“Then give me five minutes, baby. I'll be right back,”

“Okay,” Alexander placed a soft kiss on his mate's cheek and lips before standing up and rushing off into the next room. Jude got himself comfortable on the bed and waited patiently for his mate to cuddle him to sleep.

Alexander has already gotten used to this, catering to every little need of his omega. Making sure the little man was safe and sound and happy has now become the bane of his existence. The alpha doesn't think he would ever stop feeling this way. Even after the delivery of their child, Alexander is sure he would still be functioning just so he could please the little omega that has him wrapped around his little finger. 

Just a little pout and puppy eyes are enough to crumble every little resolve the alpha had. A powerful weapon only possessed by his mate.

It took Jude approximately two minutes to fall asleep once he felt the strong arms of his mate wrap around him, protectively holding his belly as he snuggled up against the omega's back while placing soft kisses on the mating mark. It's bliss. Slipping into deep slumber all warm and safe.

___

“Alpha…” Jude whispered breathly, hand searching for his mate beside him as he tried to sit up. “Alpha,” he called again, voice more firm and urging as he finally got a hold of Alexander’s shoulder.

“What? Jude?” Alexander woke up with a gasp, frantic eyes going straight to his mate who was perched against the headboard, slightly panting.

“Something is weird,” the omega whispers into the darkness of their room.

“Huh? What's weird?” The alpha asked, not taking his eyes off his mate even though nothing much was visible. One of his hands searched for the table light which was hard to find because of the omega taking up every bit of his attention.

“My chest…hurts…” he mumbled, voice strained. 

“Huh? What? What's wrong?”

“Don't know….it feels heavy,” 

Alexander finally got his hand on the light switch, instantly illuminating the room in a bright yellow glow. The man paused at the sight in front of him. His mate was leaning against the headboard, chest heaving while the shirt he was wearing clung to his body like a second skin, accentuating the noticeable curve of his growing breasts.

When the panic subsided, the scent kicked in. The milky aroma filled the alpha's nostrils, making his mouth water immediately. 

Alexander grabbed the sheets in a tight grip, eyes trained on the sinful view in front of him.

“Alpha…” Jude begged desperately. “Help…”

“Omega,” The alpha called and it almost came out as a growl. “You're leaking,” 

____

I'm very sorry for this short chapter but I'm very sick. I can't even lift a finger 😭 My head feels heavy and my body is aching everywhere. I promise a new chapter will be updated soon. The next day or the day after that. I'm really sorry.