Chapter 32

"Mom," Alexander said as he walked towards his mother. He gave her a small kiss on the cheek while hugging her. "Where's dad? "

"I'm here, " Richard—Alexander's father—said as he walked into the mansion. 

"How are you son?" Richard asked while side hugging Alexander. 

"I'm good, dad, " The alpha replied with a small smile. 

"Oh sweety, why are you standing there? Come here, " Rosalyn called the omega when she saw him watching them with a small smile. 

The boy blushed at the sudden attention. He shyly walked towards them and as soon as he was near, Rosalyn engulfed him into a tight hug before placing a kiss on his forehead. 

"How are you? Are you eating well? It seems like you've lost weight. Is Alexander not checking on you properly? " She asked, her eyebrows furrowing. 

"I-It's not like that. I'm g-good," Jude was beetroot red as Rosalyn kept asking him questions. Sure, he has met and talked to them before but every time someone gives him some attention or cares for him, it always leaves him flustered. 

Maybe, it's because he's not used to it. 

Growing up in the orphanage, he never knew what it's like to have a family. 

But now he feels like he has one. 

A little complicated but still…. It's his family. 

"Hun, let the boy breathe," Richard interfered when he saw how flustered Jude was. "Let's sit somewhere and talk, " He said before walking towards the direction of the living room. 

"You guys were talking about working in the bakery. Who wants to work at a bakery? " Rosalyn raised a brow as she sat down on the sofa. 

Alexander scoffed. "It's him, " He rolled his eyes before pointing at Jude. 

The omega looked down, feeling ashamed. 

Rosalyn and Richard won't agree. Working in the bakery is not up to the status of the Ivanovs. What an embarrassing thing to ask for… 

"Why do you want to work in a bakery, Jude?" Richard quirked a brow as he took a glass of juice from the tray Cheryl extended towards him. He thanked the maid before turning towards the omega. 

"B-Because I love baking, " Jude fiddled with the hem of his shirt. He was feeling nervous for some reason. 

"You can bake here if you love it so much. There's no need to work in a bakery for that, " Alexander stated with a snort 

"Y-You don't eat much s-sweet things… It will be a waste… I don't like to w-waste things… " The omega bit his lips. 

"Then how about opening a bakery for you? " Richard put the juice glass on the table as he put forward the suggestion.

"Umm…There's no need for that. I just want to bake because it makes me happy… I don't know how to manage a business. I'll probably fail if I try, " He shook his head. 

"Sweety, you don't know that. How can we come to that conclusion even before we try? " Rosalyn gave the omega a small smile. 

"Business is too much pressure for me. I don't know anything about it… I'm afraid I won't be able to enjoy baking if I start a bakery… " The boy looked down. 

"Oh, don't worry about that, dear. We can hire someone to manage all the finances, " Rosalyn said. 

Jude fiddled with his fingers nervously. He didn't know what to say. He doesn't know anything about managing a business even if he starts one. How can someone uneducated like him run a business? It's crazy to even think about it. 

"I don't know how to manage it… Even if I get someone to manage everything, being in my own bakery without doing anything other than baking is not right… " 

"Jude, it's not an impossible thing to do. You love baking and I believe that love you have for it will help the business more than you think, " Rosalyn smiled at the boy. "Also, my friend has a bakery. She's running it for charity. If you want, we can go there and ask her about the business. I'm pretty sure she'll be glad to help, " 

"That's a good idea but don't feel pressured. Take your time to think about it. We'll support you no matter what your decision is, " Richard smiled at the boy. 

"Thank you, " Jude gave them a warm smile before looking down. 

He was lucky to have such amazing in-laws. 

Alexander on the other hand was rolling his eyes. 

Jude opening his own bakery? That would be a funny disaster. The alpha chuckled inwardly. 

*

*

*

"Jude, what are you thinking, sweety? " Rosalyn asked when she saw the boy absentmindedly staring at the floor. "Oh, you made cheesecake for us? How cute, " She pinched the omega's cheeks. 

Jude blushed before smiling. "Alexander said that you liked cheesecake so…." He trailed off. 

"That's so sweet of you, dear. I'm so lucky you're my son-in-law. My son could never find anyone else like you. You're such a blessing, " She embraced him into a tight hug before taking a piece of cheesecake. 

"Hmm… this is delicious! This is why I'm telling you to open a bakery, " Rosalyn took another bite. 

"Umm… About that… Can-Can you take me to your friend's bakery? I want to see if it's something I can do…," He fumbled with the spoon in his hands as he asked his mother-in-law. 

Rosalyn gasped. "Of course! I never thought you'd give it a chance but I'm happy that you did. We can go there today if you want to! " She said, excitedly. It seemed like Rosalyn was more eager than Jude to do all this. 

"But is today fine? I don't want to take away your time with Alexander, "

"Oh, don't worry about it, dear. Alexander and Richard are going to play tennis after lunch. It's so boring so let's go to the bakery at that time, " Rosalyn chuckled. 

Jude couldn't help but smile. Rosalyn was so supportive in everything.