Chapter 69

"Baby?" Alexander softly patted his mate's cheeks to check if Jude was still awake. "Kitten, are you asleep?" He pulled the omega closer to his chest to take a look at his face. Jude let out a groan and snuggled into the warm chest of the alpha in protest.

Alexander sighed and placed a soft kiss on his mate's head before standing up. It was a usual night where the alpha worked in his study while his mate fell asleep in his lap while reading a book. Jude has now taken interest in reading fantasy stories.

He never forgets to remind Alexander how all of the handsome main characters have the same features as the alpha. Alexander always enjoyed when Jude let out gasps and surprised sounds whenever some plot twists happened in the book. It was amusing.

Alexander placed the omega on the bed and gently kissed his forehead before stepping back. He took off his T-shirt and poured himself a glass of water.

He quickly drank it and turned the lights off, wanting to get into bed with his mate as quickly as possible.

Alexander was about to get into bed with his mate when his phone buzzed. He picked it up to put it into silent mode but stopped when he saw a message from an unknown number.

The alpha frowned as he opened it. His eyes widened and his grip on the phone tightened when he saw what the person had sent him. It was pictures of Jude with Damien outside his cafe. They look to be talking about something serious like they were in the middle of an argument.

Alexander couldn't figure out how and why they got so much closer and more comfortable with each other. When did this happen?

Why did Jude lie about his relationship with Damien? He hadn't been angry at the omega for meeting Damien even though he doesn't like him. Then why does Jude feel the need to hide it from him?

He stared at the photos again. He knew for sure his ex-girlfriend or someone his ex-girlfriend assigned took the picture. They sent it to him in hopes of stirring problems between him and his mate but he wasn't going to fall for that.

He'll talk to Jude. He isn't going to do what they want him to do.

Jude is definitely hiding something. The alpha knows it. He's trying to understand and get to know why the omega is keeping things from him. Alexander understood that he wasn't a good mate. After everything he put Jude through, it's normal that the omega would take some time to open up to him.

He felt uneasy that the omega kept meeting up with Damien even after he and Jude talked about it. Alexander didn't want to assume things and make the situation worse. He might have been impulsive and insensitive in the past but now he's happy with Jude. He doesn't want to ruin it by jumping straight into the trap Jennifer set up for him.

Alexander is a high-class alpha. Jennifer would have to try harder to outsmart him.

"Alex...?" The omega's voice snapped Alexander out of his thoughts. Jude was sitting up on the bed while rubbing his eyes.

"What is it, baby?"

"Come cuddle, please..." He said out sleepily. A small smile tugged on the alpha's lips as he walked closer to his mate.

"I'm sorry, darling. I was just checking my phone," He ruffled the boy's hair as he got into the bed. Jude immediately plastered himself onto the man's chest as soon as Alexander was close to him.

"Warm," He mumbled, rubbing his nose on his mate's chest.

"Kitten, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm..?"

"I.... I was wondering if there's anything...like...um...Do you feel like you can't share anything with me?"

Jude stilled for a moment before tilting his head to look up at the alpha in confusion. "What?"