Chapter 47

"Jennifer, I told you not to come here," Alexander sighed. "I've got things to do and you're being a nuisance," 

Jennifer slammed her hands on the table furiously. "What the hell, Alex?! When did you become so rude?" 

"What? I've said this politely many times before but you refuse to listen," 

"You really want to spend the rest of  your life with that thing?" Her face pulled into a disgusted snarl.

Alexander slammed his hands on the table as he stood up. The table rattled and made a sound that caused the woman to flinch and stumble back.

"His name is Jude. If you address him as a thing one more time, there won't be any more warnings," He seethed.

Jennifer gulped. Angry Alexander looked like a monster.

She gritted her teeth. She knew Alexander hated that boy but what the hell changed him? 

"So you don't need an heir? And you're satisfied with fucking a guy? The Alexander I knew wasn't like this!"  

"The Alexander you knew has changed! No one stays the same, Jennifer. Get over it!" He rubbed his temple. He was annoyed by the girl in front of him.

"What the hell, Alex?! So you just used and threw me away when you got a mate?! I was your girlfriend!"

"I didn't ask you to be my girlfriend! We both knew what we were getting ourselves into. We both knew we wouldn't be able to continue it when we find our mates but you were the one who got attached. I was clear about what I was doing from the beginning!"

"Fuck you, Alexander!" Jennifer cursed furiously. "You think you'll have a great life now that you have a freak as your mate?!" 

Alexander clenched his fists. Good thing he was against hitting women or he would have slapped the shit out of her in a second. 

"But let's see how it goes! Sooner or later, you're gonna realize that you made a big mistake. And you're going to come back to me. Mark my words!" She yelled before storming out of the office.

Alexander heaved a sigh and loosened his tie.

Jennifer is a crazy woman.

He should've been more careful in the past.

He raked a hand through his raven hair. Jennifer single-handedly managed to ruin his mood now he just wanted nothing more than to go home.

The alpha picked up his phone.

He wanted to call Jude. Just thinking about the omega made him feel calm.

Jude picked up at the second ring.

"Hey!" The boy's excited voice brought a smile to Alexander's face. He leaned back on his chair, relaxing his body.

"Are you busy, kitten?" Alexander knew Jude was a blushing mess at the moment. He heard a rustling on the other side before his mate talked.

"N-No... It's noon so there aren't a lot of people,"

Alexander smiled. "How're things going? Are there enough customers?" 

"There are more than enough customers. Oh! And something cute happened today. A little girl gave me a card because I gave her an extra cupcake yesterday," He giggled. "She said my sweets are her favorite and that she'll only buy sweets from here now on," 

"Woah, baby, you already have loyal customers," The alpha laughed.

"I think so," Jude chuckled. "I'll show you the card when we get home. Also, we have a new staff now. He's a male omega and his name is Sage,"

"Really? That's amazing. Now you have someone you can talk omega stuff about,"

"I hope so. Did you have lunch?" The omega questioned.

"No, there was some work to do—"

"Alex, don't skip your meals," 

The alpha could hear the worried tone in his mate's voice. He smiled.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'll have lunch soon. What about you?"

"We were going to,"

"Then go and have lunch. I'll come home early today," 

"Really?" Jude chirped, causing his mate to chuckle.

"Yes," Alexander said, a small smile playing on his lips. "So wait for me, okay?"

"Okay!" 

Alexander placed the phone down with a smile. Just talking to his mate alone puts him in a good mood.

*

*

*

"Sage, is the work hard for you?" Jude asked as they sat down to have lunch.

"Oh, not at all!" Sage shook his head. "It's really easier than I thought. I'm just confused about where the ingredients are. That's the only thing I'm struggling with," 

"That's okay. You'll get familiar with it in a few days,"  Jude smiled. "So where do you live?"

"I live in a studio apartment a few blocks away," 

"You live alone?" 

"Yes…."

"Where are your parents?" Jude hesitated for a moment before asking. 

Sage looked down, his fingers curling around the fork a little tight. "They kicked me out when I was 14…. 14 is the age where you can legally work…" A humorless chuckle slipped past his lips. "They thought I'll be able to survive on my own…"

Jude gripped the boy's hand, his eyes brimming with tears. "I'm so sorry…" 

Looking at Sage reminded him of himself. Why did all the male omegas have the same fate…? 

"You don't need to be… it's not your fault. The world is like this...They hate us," He scoffed before looking up. "What about you?" 

A bitter smile formed on the omega's lips. "I was orphaned when I was a baby…"

Sage's eyes grew wide.

"I grew up in an orphanage. I was working at a bakery when I met my mate. We got married next month…"

"That's amazing!" 

"I know… My mate and in-laws helped me to open this cafe,"

"Your mate sounds like a wonderful person. You're very lucky. I hope you guys stay happy forever," Sage smiled.

Jude looked down. "He is a wonderful person…. but a lot of things happened before we turned out like this…" He sighed. "All I want to say is that things won't be easy… There's going to be a lot of difficulties but don't lose hope, okay? Everything will be alright in the end," 

Sage smiled. "Thank you… I really needed someone to push me forward. Hearing your experience makes me think that maybe I'll get a good future too… " 

"You'll surely get a good mate. Maybe you'll meet them while you're working here. I'll pray for it to happen," He laughed.

Sage blushed cherry red. "Let's hope so,"