Chapter 46

"Who is this guy you're talking about? " Jude asked curiously to a grinning Rosalyn.

"He's so cute. You're gonna love him, "

The omega sighed. It seemed like Rosalyn wasn't going to spill the beans. They were currently on their way to the cafe where the new recruit was waiting for them.

"You seem to really like him. Is he that nice? " Jude chuckled.

"He's adorable like you. I would adopt him if I could, " She laughed.

Jude felt his cheeks turn red. He's still not used to all the compliments he gets.

They arrived at the cafe in a few minutes.

There wasn't anyone other than the staff in the cafe because there was still time left before they're going to open.

Jude saw a boy standing in front of the cafe. He looked shy and awkward.

"Is that him? " He asked Rosalyn as they both walked towards the cafe.

"Yes, he's the one, " Rosalyn said with a big smile.

The boy straightened his posture and clothes when he saw Jude and Rosalyn walk towards him.

"Hello, Sage! " Rosalyn smiled and gave the boy a handshake.

Jude did the same.

"H-Hi, I'm Sage Wilson, " Sage introduced himself shyly.

"Hello, Sage. I'm Jude. It's nice to see you. Shall we talk inside? " Jude asked as he opened the cafe door.

"Sure, " Sage smiled, following Rosalyn and Jude inside.

They decided to talk while sitting down.

"So you're an omega? " Jude raised a brow.

Sage blushed. "Is it that obvious? I always try my best to hide my pheromones,"

"Kind of. I can easily recognize omegas since I am one, "

"Wendy told me she knows a boy who was looking for a job. She was actually going to recruit you to her cafe but she thought it'd be better if you're working with someone who can understand you better. I also wanted Jude to have someone who's similar to him so he can have someone to talk to, " Rosalyn said as she sipped on her coffee.

Even though the cafe wasn't opened yet, Joy made them coffee and the three of them were very thankful for that because the weather was chilly today.

Jude smiled at his mother-in-law before turning to Sage. "You can work here as long as you want. I know it's hard finding a job. Our gender always gets in the way, " He sighed. "I'm happy to have you here. It feels relaxing to have an omega around. All these pheromones make my head hurt sometimes, " The omega chuckled.

"Thank you so much for accepting me, " Sage smiled, trying hard to contain his happiness. "I was looking for a job for months but no one would take me in. It's a blessing I found you guys. I was really on the edge. All of my bills and fees are due. I didn't know what to do. I feel so relieved right now, " He heaved a sigh.

"You're studying? How old are you? " Jude smiled. It was rare to see omegas study after the basic education classes.

"I'm trying to get a diploma. I know I won't be able to get any good jobs even if I have one, but I just wanted to try... You know just in case if I get any luck," Sage awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

Jude smiled. "That's good. No, that's very brave. Working while taking classes... that must be hard for you,"

"It is... I thought I could manage it if I got a job...but things are hard for people like us especially because we're males. The students in my class aren't very fond of me and I also had no job for a while so I couldn't afford a lot of things," He chuckled.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that, dear. You can always ask me if you need anything. I'll be more than happy to help you," Rosalyn gripped the omega's hand assuringly.

Jude smiled. "She's right. You can always ask us if you need anything. We'll help you with your studies anytime,"

"Thank you," Sage said and Jude didn't fail to notice how the omega's eyes glistened.

He was trying to hide his tears.

Sage couldn't hide the overwhelming feeling. It felt so unreal to him. For the first time in his life, he felt like he had someone who genuinely cared for him.

It felt so good.

"The cafe will be opening in an hour," Jude said looking at his watch. "Do you wish to start today or do you prefer any other day?"

"I'll start today," Sage smiled.

"Perfect, then let's go and meet the others before going to the kitchen," Jude got up and gestured for Sage to follow.

"This is Joy," He pointed to the girl who was filling the coffee pots. "She makes coffees and lattes. She's excellent at it,"

Joy waved at the boys with a small smile.

"This is Simon. He's our waiter and he's very talkative so don't mind him if he asks you too many questions,"

"I'm offended but I'm gonna pretend like I didn't hear that," Simon rolled his eyes before extending his hands towards Sage. "Hello, cutie,"

Sage's cheeks immediately turned red like cherries. "H-Hi," He squeaked out and instantly cringed at his stutter which made Simon laugh.

"This is Liam," Jude turned to another guy. "He manages all our finances but he also helps us with the customers,"

Liam smiled and shook hands with the omega while greeting him.

"And finally we have Ash," Jude turned to a guy who was taller than everyone in the room. He was also well built and it made him stand out from all of them. "He's an excellent chef. He helps us in the kitchen,"

Ash shook the omega's hand with a small smile.

"Everyone here is a beta other than me and Ash. Ash is an alpha,"

Sage nodded. It made sense that Ash was an because he clearly looked like one.

"Let's get to know each other more on our breaks because it's almost time to open the cafe. We should get to work now,"

Everyone in the room agreed with the omega and scurried back to work.

Rosalyn said goodbye to Jude going out. She had an important meeting that she couldn't skip.

Jude decided to show Sage the kitchen and where all the ingredients were kept. The omega already had experience working in a cafe so it wasn't hard for him to understand.

Looking at Sage, Jude couldn't help but see his past self. He knew the struggles of finding a decent job and handling living expenses.

He won't let the omega struggle as he did. He won't ignore him like how the other omega's ignored him.

___

Thanks for commenting your opinions about this story guys. I might not reply to everyone but I read every single one of them. Sorry if my story ever made you angry >.< Have a nice day ❤️