Chapter 25

"Cheryl, I think he's taking me to River line hospital, " Jude whispered to the maid after looking around to make sure no one was there. "What if he finds out that I've been going there behind his back? "

Cheryl looked at the boy with a small smile. "Don't worry, I'll call Daniella and tell her about you going there with your mate, " She assured the omega but he was still fiddling with his fingers. "Jude, don't be nervous. Daniella will act like she's meeting you for the first time,"

The omega just sighed before giving her a tight-lipped smile.

"Did you have breakfast?"  Jude turned around when a deep voice suddenly came from behind him.

The omega shook his head no when he saw his mate standing there. Alexander looked handsome as always in his black and white suit.

"Then sit, " The alpha ordered while he sat down at the table.

Jude could only nod and sit with his mate. It wasn't every day they had breakfast together and so he didn't want to miss the opportunity.

*
*
*
"Hello doctor, " Alexander shook hands with Daniella while Jude awkwardly stood beside him, nervously playing with his fingers.

Daniella, as Cheryl said, did her job very well in acting like she was meeting Jude for the first time. But the omega could clearly see the confusion painted on her face.

The boy awkwardly sat there beside his mate as Alexander explained things to Daniella. He didn't go into details but just told the doctor why they are here.

Daniella nodded in understanding before turning to Jude who avoided meeting her eyes. "Can you let me talk with him alone for a few minutes?" She asked Alexander when she realized Jude was uncomfortable.

The alpha turned towards his mate. "I'll go outside if he's comfortable with you, " He said, focusing his attention on the omega.

Jude only nodded as he kept fiddling with his fingers.

"I'll be outside then, " Alexander said as he stood up.

Daniella looked at Jude with a soft expression as soon the alpha was out.
"Jude... " She called his name. Jude could hear the sympathy in her voice. "What happened? " Her voice was soft and low like she was afraid to talk loudly.

Jude's eyes watered. "I-I don't want to ta-talk about it... " He stuttered out.

"Please talk to me, Jude... I can help you... "

The omega looked up at the doctor with tear-glossed eyes. He took a deep breath. "I-It scares me.... I feel nauseous when I think about it...." He closed his eyes. "I-It happened w-when I went out with Alexander... "

.

.

Daniella patiently listened to everything the boy said. It was clear how hard it was for him from the way he talked.

"I want to forget this... It makes my head hurt... " Jude sighed.

Daniella nodded. "Is there any change in Alexander's attitude towards you? "

Jude blushed at the question before he nodded. "Y-Yeah... he's umm... he's very caring now... " The omega stuttered out.

Daniella couldn't help but smile at the boy's reply. "You can go now, Jude. " The doctor said, making the omega look up at her. "Tell Alexander to come in. I have something to talk with him, "

"W-What? " Jude asked nervously.

"Don't worry, I won't say anything about how we know each other, " Daniella assured the omega when she saw his nervous expression.

"Thank you... " He smiled at the doctor before walking out of the room. Alexander was sitting on one of the chairs in front of the doctor's office.

Jude stopped and stared at his mate for a minute, mesmerized by how elegant the alpha looked even if he was just sitting there.

He snapped out of his thoughts when the alpha looked at him. "S-She said she wants to talk to you..."The omega said as Alexander stood up.

The alpha nodded. "Wait for me here, " He said to his mate before going in.

Jude heaved a sigh as he slumped down on the nearby chair. He just wanted to go home more than anything. Talking about the traumatic experience ruined his mood for the day.

*
*
*
"Mr. Ivanov, did Jude have any nightmares? " Daniella asked as she took her notepad.

"Yes, he had one yesterday night and he cried in his sleep," Alexander replied.

"Did he say something about experiencing any phobias? Like being scared of the dark or being alone? " Daniella looked up and waited for the alpha's answer while he thought for a minute.

"I don't know if he's scared of the dark but I think he's afraid of being left alone and he's quite jumpy if someone touches him from the back, " The alpha said.

Daniella nodded. "You're right... Jude has developed PTSD... but don't worry, we can help him through therapy and medications but we all have to be very patient with him, " She explained. "You as his mate need to help him in many ways. Jude needs you now the most because he's going through a lot right now, " The doctor sighed.

"His phobias and outbursts might cause trouble to you but please try to be patient with him. Your anger towards him might affect him really badly and it may cause him to slip into depression. " Daniella warned the alpha who was frowning as he listened to her.

"He might have vivid flashbacks about what happened and also there's a chance some objects or situations relating to the past might trigger him. He might also experience physical problems like headaches, nausea, trouble breathing, sweating, and trembling. " 

Alexander listened attentively while the doctor told him about everything.

"What you need to do is don't let him feel bad about himself. Encourage him to do his hobbies and cheer him up by buying him things that he likes. Show him that you care about him." Daniella advised Alexander. "You can go now. Take Jude somewhere to free his mind or take him home to rest."

Alexander looked at the doctor with a small smile. "Thank you, doctor, "

"No worries. It's my duty, " She smiled back. "Coming here once a week would be good for him and let him know he can also call me or text me if he needs to talk," Daniella gave the alpha her card and the prescription which Alexander took as he stood up.

"We'll be going then, " He said and thanked the doctor once again before walking out towards his mate.

The doctor looked at the alpha's retreating figure. "I hope this helps him to understand Jude too... " She said herself before heaving a sigh.