A Day in London

"Do you have to go?" Thomas turned to look at Teddy, a smirk on his face.

"What do you think?"

Teddy slumped down onto the bed behind him, falling back so that he was staring at the ceiling.

"You could always ask Jimmy to go for you. I'm sure he'd take it up in a heartbeat."

"Theodore-"

"I know, I know. I'm just complaining while I have the chance," Teddy replied, sitting up and looking at his father. "Besides, I'd never want to be the reason you miss out on a chance to go to America."

Thomas smiled at his son, tossing a tie at him. It hit the boy in the chest, and Teddy grabbed it before it could fall into his lap.

"You know I would take you with me if I could."

"I know."

Theodore wrapped the tie around his hand, looking down at it. He started to unwrap it as he continued the conversation.

"I better hear all about it. I want thorough and detailed letters, you hear?"

"Whatever pleases your lordship," Thomas sarcastically replied, picking up his valise and placing it on the bed. Teddy reached out the hand holding the tie in an attempt to return it, but Thomas pushed it back towards him.

"You keep that. Wear it to the wedding or your school dance."

"Are you sure?" Thomas nodded, picking up his case.

"Positive. Now come here, and give me one last hug before I have to go."

Following Thomas and Lord Grantham's departure, Teddy, Rose, and Jimmy took it upon themselves to get out of Lady Rosamund's home before her staff had the chance to question them. Quickly leaving the building through the back door, they hailed a taxi and immediately went off, away from Belgrave Square and any eyebrows that they had raised.

Rose had the taxi take them to the center of the city and took it upon herself to pay the driver once they had arrived. Here, the three of them exited the vehicle and Teddy was left to look around at the variety of shops and people. Jimmy stood next to him, now dressed in an actual suit that had been kindly gifted to him by Lady Rosamund's chauffeur, who claimed that he had grown out of it and had no other use for it. Jimmy continuously tried stating that it was a little small for him too, but, as the suit seemed to fit him just fine, Teddy felt that it was just him trying to protect his pride.

As the taxi drove off, Rose grabbed Teddy's hand and pulled him down the road, leaving Jimmy to follow not far behind.

"Come along, boys. We have a day to spend in London, and I intend to make good use of it."

Teddy grinned, gladly letting Rose bring him down the busy streets. Eventually, Jimmy grabbed onto his arm so that he wouldn't lose either of them.

"So, Teddy, we'll start with you. What do you need from London?"

"Um-" Teddy couldn't think of anything but, luckily, Jimmy's memory kicked in.

"Didn't you say something about needing a nice suit to wear?"

"Oh, yes," Teddy replied, glancing at the man. "I do need that-"

"I've just the place!" Rose exclaimed, quickening her pace. Teddy groaned, speeding up so that he could keep up with her.

As he walked into the store, Teddy could not help himself from being in awe.