What's Right for You

Author's Note; Please Read!

Hello everyone! Thank you for sticking with the story for so long!

This chapter marks the start of S6 of Downton. As you know, this season involves a lot of heavy topics. Out of concern that I will miss a warning for one of these or that there will be other circumstances that prevent me from making the warning, I would like to place it here so that you all know what is coming. This means that the warnings will not be in the chapters that involve them, just in the following list. Please also note that some of these topics will appear in the lives of the Levellers and their friends (Hazel, Andreas, Eleanor, etc.). If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask me!

TW for the rest of BB1: Mentions and attempts of suicide, blood (lots of it), miscarriage, sex, abuse, profanity, death,

If I have missed anything, please let me know, and I can tell you whether or not it will be shown!

Thank you all for reading my PSA. Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. 

     Theodore didn't know where he was standing at first. He also didn't know why he was shirtless. All he wore were his pyjama bottoms and slippers. Odd, the scar near his right hip was gone. 

     It didn't matter much anyway, as the other people in the room weren't noticing him. They were having a conversation, and though Teddy was in the same room as them, he couldn't make out what they were saying. He could, however, recognize them as they sat in the Downton dining room. Mr. Bennett on one side of the table, Carson at the center, Sydney at the other end, and Katherine across from Carson.

     "Can I sock him?" Teddy turned, coming face-to-face with someone he recognized all too well from the photograph in his room. She pointed at Mr. Bennet, looking at Teddy expectantly. 

     "Mum?"

      "Only his face looks very punchable. It's asking for it."

     Teddy looked over at Mr. Bennett, then laughed. 

      "It does, doesn't it?" 

     "I call it the 'rich prick look.' It's especially present on men who don't accept their daughters, " Eliza responded, eying Bennett with clear distaste. "My father, for example."

     "Oh, I've definitely seen it on his face."

     "Don't see his face again."  Teddy turned to his mother, head tilted to the side. "Don't see any of them again, Teddy. Don't let them burn you too."

     Theodore awoke in a cold sweat that plastered his shirt to his back. He sat up with purpose, eyes crossing the room to the framed photograph of his mother. Their eyes locked. 

      Teddy did not believe in the supernatural. He knew that, deep down, these were just bad dreams. They weren't premonitions or messages from his mother's ghost. Eliza was gone, and that was that. 

     Why was his mind so convinced that the Knightons had been involved in the fire? Was dream Eliza right? Would he be better off if he avoided his maternal family from now on?

    There were so many questions and no time to answer them. Not when Teddy had school. So, he stood and, though he was awake before the 6 o'clock call, he walked quietly down the hall to the washroom, planning on getting himself washed up before the others were awake.