Did You Miss Me?

"Oh shit...," I breathed, choking slightly as the smoke in the air got thicker. I could feel the heat on my skin as I looked around, trying to see where everyone was.

I jumped up and ran towards the door, with Kian following suit. I saw my mum through the smog. Grabbing her hand I tried to find the others. I could just make out Michael and Harry Jekyll standing next to him, but not Dylan.

Shit. Where the fuck is he?

"Dylan!" I called out.

"I'm here."

I felt a hand take mine, and relief flooded through me. Now, we just needed to get the hell out of here before we all burned to death.

"Follow me!"

A burst of green caught my eye as Victoria's voice called out. Pulling the others along with me, I followed Victoria's bright green flames towards the door and our only way out.

After what seemed like forever, I finally made it outside and collapsed to the ground, catching my breath and coughing up violently. I turned back towards the shack, which was now completely engulfed in flames.

Our future, our home... all gone.

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of a familiar voice.

"Well, isn't this a nice surprise?"

Will Jackson, dressed in a tight black shirt and grey trousers. He had sunglasses on, and his messy black hair was smoothed down as he stood looking at the shack, the flames reflecting in the lenses of his sunglasses.

I was going to fucking kill him...

I pushed myself up and started sprinting towards Will with a roar.

He raised his hands in mock defence and smiled, showing off his fangs, before turning his head to look at the tree line.

I stopped and followed his gaze. I saw them then; Dorian Gray, in his neat suit, and the magician 'M' who wore bright red robes and a look of glee on his face. The flames that surrounded his hands answered the question of where the fire had come from.

M raised his hands and the flames appeared to merge in front of him into one large ball of fire before it quickly split into several balls that then hovered in front of him.

He pointed his hands and the flames flew over to where Victoria, Kian, Dylan, Michael, Harry Jekyll and my mum were all still recovering on the floor. The flames began moving faster and faster, swirling around them until a wall of flames formed, separating me from them.

Oh, crap... that's not good.

Kian's eyes met mine through the fire, and I heard his voice appear in my head.

Alec, don't worry, we'll get out of this. Just keep your cool.

I nodded and took a deep breath, watching as the fire surrounding them seemed to grow bigger and brighter.

I could hear Will laughing behind me and I looked over to see him smirking.

What a fucking dick...

I wanted to rush him and snap his neck like a twig, but with him being a vampire, I wasn't sure how effective that would really be. It probably wouldn't even hurt the bastard that much.

The flames had almost completely consumed the shack now, the roof had fallen in and only part of the back wall was left. I stood staring at Will, the flames in the lenses of his sunglasses dancing around.

He was enjoying this.

That's why he had sent the flames, he knew exactly what he was doing. And he knew I would never attack, not while everyone I cared about was kept trapped.