The Survivors Of The Apocalypse

"Alec?"

I asked the question, knowing deep down that this wasn't my Alec. His deep brown eyes were full of hate as they looked at me, the long hair tied back in a loose pony tail, gun and tattered clothes splattered with dirt and blood told me that this version of Alec was as hard as the ravaged street around us.

"How the fuck do you know my name, blondie?" He replied with a frown "Because I sure as shit don't know who you are."

He sounded bitter, and his expression seemd void of emotion. A small part of me wanted to cry. Seeing him look at me like that, no love or recognition in his eyes probably would have killed me... if I wasn't already dead that is.

"Alec? Please listen to us... we're not from this universe." I heard Victoria say "We came through a portal to your dimension, we need your help..."

"You really think I'm fucking stupid enough to fall for that shit?" He said, still looking at me like I wasn't even worth acknowledging "You know who I am... if you really know me then you'll know that I'm the last person who can help. I caused all of this." he said gesturing to the destruction around us.

The world felt like it was closing in on me, everything just seemed so wrong. I knew this wasn't our world, but if this is what Alec turned into if I wasn't around... I didn't want that for him. So without thinking about what I was doing, I stood up and wrenched the gun from his hand. I stared at him, trying to read his face. His eyebrows rose almost comically and he took a step back in surprise.

"Look," I said, ignoring the way the words sounded weak and shaky despite being confident when they left my mouth "This isn't our universe, but ours and every other one is in danger. Lucifer is free and we've got to stop him, and we can't do that unless we work together."

"Lucifer?" Alec asked, his voice going from annoyed to scared in a second.

"Yes," I replied "We need to stop him from causing the apocalypse." I said dropping the gun in his general direction "We're going to have to work together to stop every world from being destroyed."

"Well, you're a bit late to save this one," Alec said, his voice hard as he bent and picked up the gun "There's not many of us left. Follow me, I'll introduce you."

"Introduce us to who?" Michael asked.

"The Survivors Of The Apocalypse," Alec replied as he led us back up the street towards one of the only buildings that seemed relatively intact. A pub whose name was coincidentally 'The Last Inn".

Alec walked up to the heavy wooden door and knocked on it three times.

"Password?" a young sounding voice called out.

Alec frowned "Dylan! It's me! Open this bloody door before I kick it down!"

Dylan... I didn't know what to expect as the door swung open, but it revealed Dylan standing there in blue and white striped pyjamas, his hair was sticking up everywhere. His gaze softened immediately when he saw his brother.

"Alec?" he breathed "Jesus Christ... where the hell have you been?! You were meant to be back hours ago." he said as he pulled Alec into a tight hug.

"Yeah, well, I scouted a little further than I planned," Alec replied as they broke the hug "Then I got sidetracked."

Dylan's gaze briefly flicked over me, Victoria and Michael as we stepped inside and Alec shut and locked the door behind us. The bar was empty, the tables and chairs stacked up against the windows. The bar had definitely seen better days, bullet holes and broken glass scattered over the red and green carpet.

"So, did you find any bandages?" Dylan asked, sounding scared.

"No," Alec replied, his tone full of sadness "The hospital was in flames. There was nothing left."

Bandages? Was someone hurt?

Dylan's gaze went blank "Shit," he mumbled as he slumped against the wall "What do we do now?" he asked quietly "He's going to die, isn't he?"

"Not if I can help it," Alec replied, his voice hard with emotion "Where is he?"

"Upstairs, in the bedroom." Dylan replied.

"Any of you good at dealing with bullet wounds?" Alec asked.

Victoria nodded "Who's been shot?"

"My husband," Alec replied "It was so stupid... he should never have gone out on his own."

His... husband? Oh shit, what the hell were we walking into?

Michael put an arm on Alec's shoulder "We can help him."

"Just... let me go in first," Alec said as he led the way through a door marked 'Staff Only' "Will can be... difficult with strangers."

"Will?" I asked as we trudged up the narrow staircase that led to the upper foor "You don't mean Will Jackson, do you?"

"Yeah," Alec replied "We were best friends for years... I got attacked one day and he saved my life."

No... Will and Alec? How the fuck had that happened?

"Attacked by a werewolf?" Victoria asked "Jonathan Cayhill?"

"You know him?" Alec asked.

Unfortunately.

"He attacked you in our universe too," I replied "On Will Jackson's orders."

Alec laughed then. Not a light hearted chuckle, this laughter was cold, humorless and cruel. His eyes, like his laugh made me shiver. Something told me he didn't believe us. He stopped halfway up the stairs to lean against the wall. His arms folded across his chest.

"And, why would he do that?" Alec asked.

"Because he wanted to release Lucifer and start the apocalypse," Michael replied "You were just a means to an end."

"Now that I can't believe," Alec said "Because, I caused this apocalypse. Oh, it was mistake, but Will tried to stop me. I killed the witch Erica... she looked a bit like you," he said, looking at Victoria "I stole her spell book and the dark magic inside of it took hold of me."

Holy shit... the spellbook had given him the power to destroy the world?

"Will gave chase after me," he continued, his tone taking on the same cruel edge he had used earlier "But I shot him before he could reach me. Dylan didn't miss though." he lifted up his shirt to reveal a large bandage on his right side "Silver bullet. It put me out of action for a while."

Okay, this was definitely not my Alec. He was a fucking psychopath, but now we were here we'd have to heal Will Jackson.

Oh, this was going to be fun...