The Once And Future King

Mordred.

The name sounded familiar to me, and then I realized why. Arthur. The battle of Camlann. The man standing in front of us was King Arthur of Camelot. The Once And Future King.

"Your King Arthur?" I asked, amazed.

I was actually in the presence of royalty. Maybe he could make me a Knight? Damn it... Harry had bowed to him while I just stood there! He couldn't have me executed for that, could he?

"I haven't been a King in many centuries," Arthur said, "But, yes."

Wow.

"You said that Lilith is hiding something?" Harry asked, "Do you know what?"

"It's not a 'what' it's a 'who'," Arthur replied, "Lucifer's son. The one thing capable of stopping him."

Wait... Lucifer has a son?

"How can Lucifer have a son?" I asked, "He's been trapped in hell."

"That's true," Arthur nodded, "But, for all her demon blood, Lilith is still part human."

Part human? Was he saying what I thought he was?

"She's the mother." Harry said, falling in just as I was.

"Right in one," Arthur grinned, "That kid is missing, and Lucifer won't stop until he finds him."

"Let me guess, Lilith plans to use the child against Lucifer?" Harry said, "But, where do Alec, Michael and Victoria fit into her plan? Why take them?"

Arthur stayed silent, either unwilling to answer or just thinking. Honestly, I couldn't tell either way. All I knew was we were going to need to get the others back so we could tell them what we had found out. Lucifer's son was the key to sending him back to hell and stopping the apocalypse.

"I'm sure they're just a distraction," Arthur replied eventually, "Nothing more than that."

A glimmer of hope arose in my chest. Maybe what Jonathan said wasn't true, maybe Alec was still alive.

"Any idea where Lilith is?" Harry asked.

Arthur shook his head, "She's well hidden. Somebody is protecting her, but we have no idea who. More importantly, neither does Lucifer."

This was gonna be harder than we anticipated. Damn it. I really wished Alec was here. Kian too. Victoria and her magic would also be handy right now. Michael was a literal angel. Harry Jekyll was one of the smartest people I knew, and all he had to help him was me. A newborn vampire who still hadn't gotten used to what I was.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, noticing my silence.

I didn't even bother to lie. This whole situation sucked balls .

"No," I sighed, "We're wasting time talking about this when we don't know anything. We need to find the others."

Harry glanced at Arthur before turning his gaze to me, "Alec wouldn't want you getting involved in this mess, Dylan. It isn't safe-"

"Bit late for that." I snapped. "Look around, Harry. If we wait any longer, there won't be anyone left to save."

Harry hesitated, looking back up the deserted street. He knew I was right. That was obvious from the look on his face. But, if this was going to work, there was only one option. We needed to find whoever was hiding Lilith, and fast.

"I wouldn't worry about finding your friends," Arthur said, "If Lilith's using them, she'll keep them far away from here. We find the kid. Then we'll have leverage."

I nodded, hoping that would be the case.

"Where do you suggest we start?" Harry asked, "They could be anywhere."

Suddenly, a blue light shone brightly at the point where Arthur had appeared. It shone brighter and brighter until I had to close my eyes against the glare. Once it died down I opened my eyes to see three familiar faces. Kian. Victoria. Michael. All of them were holding hands, and all of them looked surprised to see us.

Kian immediately let go and sped over to me, pulling me into a tight hug, "Hey, kiddo."

"Harry?" Victoria asked, "I don't understand..."

"We thought we lost all of you," Harry said in amazement, "What happened?"

"Lilith." Michael replied, "And then we went through several different universes. It's not looking good out there. Lucifer is destroying everything he can lay his hands to."

There was something not right about him. He seemed subdued, almost like there was a piece of him missing...

Alec. Where was Alec?

"Where's Alec?" I asked, dreading the answer. I didn't want Jonathan to be right. He couldn't be dead. I didn't want to believe that.

Kian pulled out of the hug and looked down at me, tears in his blood red eyes, "He's... he died. He was a hero." he said, his voice breaking. I felt tears form in my eyes as I took in his words. "I promise, Dylan... I will get him back."

No, he was gone. He was truly gone, and  I never got to say goodbye.

"I'm sorry," Kian whispered, wrapping his arms back around me, "I wish things could've turned out differently."

I wanted to respond, to cry. To scream. To do something to express my pain. Instead, I buried my face in his shoulder and cried, my eyes stinging. When I finally managed to pull myself together enough, there was nothing I could do except stand there silently.

"Your missing friends, I presume?" Arthur asked, "This is worse than I thought." he walked over to where the portal had closed up and took a deep breath in, "Sulpher. Lilith sent you all here. She'll come for you all soon."

I didn't feel scared per se, but something in the casual way that Arthur said it sent a chill up my spine.

"Who the hell are you?" Kian asked, looking Arthur up and down suspiciously.

"My name is Arthur Pendragon," Arthur said, "King of Camelot."

"Is that supposed to impress me?" Kian said, "I was turned into a vampire by Dracula himself."

Wait... Kian never told me that. Dracula? That was pretty cool.

Arthur raised an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Unfortunately." Kian replied.

"So you're saying... Dracula was real?" I asked now curious to find out more.

A dark look crossed Kian's features for a moment, "He was."

It was clear that he wasn't going to say any more on the subject. Kian then caught sight of Jonathan laying on the floor.

"Is that... who I think it is?" he asked, his voice going hard, "How is that possible? I watched him die..."

"We have much bigger problems," Harry said, cutting him off, "Lilith is playing a long game involving her and Lucifer's son. Finding that child is our only chance of stopping all of this."

"Lucifer and Lilith had a son?" Victoria asked, "Shit. This is bad. Very bad."

"Why is it bad?" I asked.

"Because there is a prophecy surrounding the child of Lucifer." Michael replied, "That boy is destined to either rule or destroy both Heaven and Hell."