The End

"That can't be true," Victoria said, her voice full of shock "Because that would mean..."

"That I am merely a vessel for The Coven? It's true." David replied.

I was so bloody confused. Did that mean that we had been talking to The Coven all along? The worst part was the thought that we had been dealing with a magically reanimated corpse... yeah sometimes magic can be fucking gross.

"They have almost reached a decision on your request for the spell to open a portal," David continued "Lilith has caused quite a problem... Ah. I think they've come to an agreement. Yes. They will grant you access to the spell."

As he spoke a small slip of paper appeared in his hand with a red flash of light.

"The spell?" Victoria asked as David handed her the piece of paper.

She took it from him and read over what was written there. Her eyes widened as she glanced over whatever was written there.

"This is it?" she asked.

David nodded "I wish you all the best of luck. Where you're going, I think you're going to need it."

Where were we going?

The question had barely formed in my mind when the world around us suddenly changed and instead we were now standing in a forest surrounded by trees that seemed to go on forever.

In front of us was a huge stone archway with a wooden gate at its centre.

"Welcome," said a woman's voice.

She appeared at the gate and smiled. She was wearing long robes made up of many different colours of cloth. Her long dark hair almost reached the ground, and her eyes were pure black.

"Lilith," Michael said, his voice hardening "Where have you brought us?"

Lilith's face became even more amused "You'll see soon enough. Please come in."

We followed her through the arch and into what looked like an old abandoned village, or maybe the remains of one at least. Not much was left, I wondered what could have caused destruction like this...

The streets smelled musty and dusty, but I suppose we passed by several buildings that were mostly just collapsed ruins until I began to recognise the burnt-out houses. The debris was strewn over the pavement. A sign for a familiar shop caught my eye, burnt, but just about readable;

PAPER HEARTS

Shit. This was Moonstone.

What the fuck had happened to it?

"The Apocalypse," Lilith said as she gleefully walked ahead of us, almost as if she had been reading my thoughts "It tears through Moonstone in... three days' time, from your perspective. This is why it's important to stop Lucifer. Everything ends here, and this place, well, It's only the start. The beginning of the end."

"Why did you bring us here?" I growled, feeling the anger rise up inside me, wanting to spill out.

'Yeah, why show us this?" Kian added, his voice laced with irritation.

"Because I needed you to see." Lilith laughed "Look at yourselves! Look how powerful you all are! Yet, you still lack what you need to stop all this from happening."

"What do you mean?" Michael asked, narrowing his eyes.

Lilith stopped walking and turned to look back at him "Did you really not figure it out yet?"

Michael shook his head.

"Figure out what?" Victoria asked, "Can you not just get to the point!"

"You're all so stupid!" Lilith said "But no matter. Let me fill you in. You don't need the spell to open a portal to another dimension because there is no such thing. What you need is a ritual, which means someone has to die. Someone very important, someone you love dearly."